Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
kindle oasis 2 cover?

any recommendations

which one guys?
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I’m waiting on the 3rd party covers from Fintie or Moko. I did order one from IVSO that is coming from China, but they are no longer on listed Amazon.

The only Amazon cover I’ve liked is the original Paperwhite covers. The two others I bought I returned for various reasons.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Be patient - it's only been out for a week. Third-party covers will appear over the next few months.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would love to hear from anyone who bought the Amazon leather cover and how they like it? Several posts in other threads said the Oasis 2 fell out of it due to weak magnets. Does it stand up vertically as promised?
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
varioflux
Sâr Rabindranath Duval
varioflux began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kobo [Aura H2O] & Oasis 2
I returned the leather cover, very beautiful, because the kindle did not hold well, the magnets are not powerful enough.
varioflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The magnets are not the strongest in the world, but the cover's grown on me (not literally). I didn't like it at first, but after a week I do. The stand works nicely, and it provides good protection. I have the "saddle tan" leather version, which is a suede leather finish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I have two of the Amazon leather covers for the new Oasis. Both are extremely strong and make a great connection.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I also have the leather cover and I really like it. The magnets seem to grow stronger as they spend more time attached to the kindle.

I need a waterproof cover for my bath reading so I've also ordered the watersafe cover, it's got bad reviews but I'm hoping it's not as bad as the reviews say.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Here's my stand cover being used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6658.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	159842  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #10
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am sure there'll be other covers available eventually. I have the official saddle tan one and I have no issues with the magnets. Folding it back, holding it like that, opening, standing up, mine stays put in it. It feels as secure as the old Oasis cover. Maybe some are defective? No idea. I won't use the stand though, just not something I need. And I don't read with it on.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Isn't there a way to strengthen a magnet with a stronger magnet? <racking/wracking brain for high school science class>
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #12
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I also have the leather cover and I really like it. The magnets seem to grow stronger as they spend more time attached to the kindle.

I need a waterproof cover for my bath reading so I've also ordered the watersafe cover, it's got bad reviews but I'm hoping it's not as bad as the reviews say.
Yes I agree the magnets have grown stronger and I have enjoyed using it in stand mode. It's a very good cover, albeit overpriced as they always are.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have the Merlot leather cover. It's beautiful and the magnets are strong, but it fails as a stand. It is either completely vertical with no slope which is a hard position for me to read on or it is uneven with the effect of reading downhill.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
chele162
chele162 began at the beginning.

I have the merlot cover and I like it. The leather seems pretty fragile as far as marks though. It’s okay by me but might bother people. Doesn’t seem as rugged as the voyage cover. The stand works but not as well as the origami stand with the voyage one. I’m happy with it. Not sure it’s worth $60 but I’ve said that about every Amazon case. The magnets on mine have always felt strong.
chele162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:22 PM   #15
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Here's my stand cover being used.
Thanks for the photo! And for everyone else's feedback on the Amazon cover. Mine will (hopefully) arrive this week.
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used