Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you use a T3 with Calibre?

If anyone uses a T3 with Calibre, please see the following thread and see if maybe you can help or at least say that it does work. Thanks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2929930
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
danwatto
danwatto doesn't litterdanwatto doesn't litterdanwatto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS T-3, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If anyone uses a T3 with Calibre, please see the following thread and see if maybe you can help or at least say that it does work. Thanks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2929930

Hi,

I use T3 with Calibre, it works great.

It creates collections based on my custom #Genre column, as well as Series, and my custom #Series2 column. You can also do based on Author.

I use a metadata plugboard to add the series number into the title so that they sort in order, you have to put the plugboard against devicedb.

Never had a problem, love my Sony!

What problem are you having specifically?
danwatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I also use a Sony T3 with calibre, and am friends with Apprentice Alf. I have no problems.

Is it you who are having problems, or the person on the calibre forum?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
jojosk
jojosk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-t1
Hi everybody!
The known issue appears to come up when trying to sync Calibre with T3 with text notes on it. The reader becomes stuck at the Opening book screen and is of no use since. My guess is that Calibre overwrites some files(or parts of) needed for the hard reset to work properly. It might have something to do with the obsolete Calibre T3 driver. Is there anybody able to provide an SD rescue package with the latest firmware? Rupor perhaps? I know few people who bricked their T3s this way. It's been the best beach reader I've tried and I really would love to use them a bit longer. Perhapes some donation could motivate someone to solve this...
jojosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:46 AM   #5
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
This is how I do (I also replied in that forum):

1. first delete the books to be deleted/updated/replaced on the Sony (I meant using the Sony itself).
This way the Sony cleans itself the data, all data, all notes, all everything.
2. Then connect it to the PC.
As I do not use calibre I close it first.
3. Upload the books onto the Sony (it needs first to accept the incoming "friendship request" from the computer )
4. Use the correct USB eject method, to make sure all handles are closed and all allocation tables were fully written.
5. Then the Sony works by itself in its own way (it will take a while, depending on the number of book added - I add some 2-5 at once so not big loss).

Never had any issue using this method since I started using it, years ago. Never used calibre nor Sony companion software to do things on my T1/T2/T3 devices.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert