Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Ste_95
Ste_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Works like a charm, many thanks!!
Ste_95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
wow you are amazing! thanks so much

I can't understand why Amazon has such a cumbersome way of deleting personal documents. I was able to delete 4 at a time if I was quick enough. It took soooo long. When you send yourself 4 newsfeeds from calibre automatically everyday, they add up real quick.

I do have one question... does the "delete all" delete only all the ones in your filter or does it completely empty it? I would go ahead and try it out myself but I do not to empty the entire thing...
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviebi View Post
I do have one question... does the "delete all" delete only all the ones in your filter or does it completely empty it? I would go ahead and try it out myself but I do not to empty the entire thing...
It removes all of your personal documents not the filtered ones. (You might need to use it several times to delete all of the archive .)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Hey, it does actually work in Safari with JavaScript debugging on...
Via Developer toolbar...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Hey, it does actually work in Safari with JavaScript debugging on...
Via Developer toolbar...
Thanks for the info
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #21
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks for the info
And thank you for this helpful script!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
Thomass: Oh ok thanks. I wont use that one.

It still saves me loads of time. thanks.
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
What a live saver. Thanks!
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks!
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Holy Scheiße! That works perfectly! I send newspapers via calibre to my Kindle, and I had pages of personal document to delete!

Thank you, Thank you!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
I'm embarrassed to say I was about to give up on this working for me until I realized that the View drop down had to be on Personal Documents. This should have been obvious from your screenshot but I still missed it :-). This works perfectly and allowed me to delete a couple of hundred calibre newsfeeds from my archive. It's much more manageable now. Thanks again.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks so much for this! I just replace "Personal Documents" in the script with "Newspapers", and deleted a few pages of archived newspapers (one page at a time, of course).
javascriptfunction(){ var v = new RegExp("Newspapers"); if (!v.test(document.URL)) { return false; } {a=document.getElementsByClassName('rowBodyCollaps ed');for(var i = 0; i<a.length; i++){Fion.deleteItem('deleteItem_'+a[i].getAttribute('asin'));};return; }})();http://
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
montalex
Fanatic

Thanks much for this! I just replaced "Personal Documents" in the script with "Newspapers" (as below) and removed all of my archived newspapers.

Code:
javascript:(function(){ var v = new RegExp("Newspapers"); if (!v.test(document.URL)) { return false; } {a=document.getElementsByClassName('rowBodyCollapsed');for(var i = 0; i<a.length; i++){Fion.deleteItem('deleteItem_'+a[i].getAttribute('asin'));};return; }})();
Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
fatso
fatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheesefatso can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle paperwhite
The administration page for your Kindle content (called FIONA) is what inspired me to start working on something better. So far I have assembled the bits and pieces on how the bloody thing works, and used that info to create a minimal python library along with a minimal sample program that uses it.

Basically it is just using the underlying server API that the userscript/bookmarklet is indirectly using through the extremely badly written Javascript code from Amazon. In that regard it can serve as a basis for something written for a browser. As in something larger than the little bookmarklet. Perhaps a plugin for Chrome that can manage content? I was thinking of filtering on title, mass deletes, and such. Would that be interesting?
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #30
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Would that be interesting?

Sure thing

Thanks for sharing.

Tags
bookmarklet, kindle tools, manage my devices, myk, personal document