Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
elliejelly
elliejelly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Help me lease! Having trouble putting things on kobo

So most of my books work. But when trying to put multiple books from one series on my device, when I put the second book on, and says the first book is no longer on the device. Third book, the second is no longer on device. Does anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?
elliejelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What is the save template you are using? It sounds like it might be using the same file name for each book in the series.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
elliejelly

I've just edited the metadata to put them all in the same series, but none of them have the same save name. Example, Fellowship Of The Ring, The Two Towers, Return Of The King. Thats what the Tolkien books are named as
Old 06-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
elliejelly

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by save template.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the driver configuration, there is a field called "Save template". This defines how the driver will to name the book files when they are sent to the device.

To get to the driver configuration, while the device is connected, right click on the device button. Then select "Configure this device". You can also get to it from the calibre preferences in the "Plugins" section. Look for the KoboTouch driver or the KoboTouchExtended driver if you have that installed. Select the driver and press the "Configure plugin" button to see the options.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
elliejelly

No, that didn't work. It allowed me to put one more book from the series on the device, but not all of them. And when I changed it again, and restarted calibre, I was allowed one more, etc.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliejelly View Post
So most of my books work. But when trying to put multiple books from one series on my device, when I put the second book on, and says the first book is no longer on the device. Third book, the second is no longer on device. Does anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliejelly View Post
No, that didn't work. It allowed me to put one more book from the series on the device, but not all of them. And when I changed it again, and restarted calibre, I was allowed one more, etc.
Reading the above, I'm not sure what you are saying is happening. The first post seems to suggest that you sent a book in the series, saw it on the device, and then sent another. When you looked, the first had disappeared but the second was there.

The second post seems to say that you can only send one book in the series to the device in each calibre session. Send one, disconnect and see it on the device. Connect, send the next book, disconnect and see both on the device.

Which exactly is happening? One of the above, or something different?

I still want to see the save template. Either it will show what the problem, or it will eliminate that as the problem. And have you looked at the devices drive after doing the send? You can access this using explorer (or other tools on a Mac or Linux machine). Are the books there after you send them? If not, which books are still there.

Is calibre showing any errors when doing this?

Tags
calibre, ebooks, kobo, kobo touch