Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
skoobwoman
Enthusiast
skoobwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2/Kindle DX/Astak Reader Pocket Pro/iPod Touch
A hello from a book-obsessed crazy person

Hello. As I wrote in my little bio, I did my Ph.D. in English and have just (this week) finished the work for my MLIS (Library science). I have a Kindle, and, because I am totally insane, I just ordered an iliad. At this rate, I will be paying my student loans until I am in my 90s.

I also ordered one because I'm tired of reading badly-converted Adobe files. I hope that the iLiad does a good job with these.

Lauren
skoobwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobwoman View Post
Hello. As I wrote in my little bio, I did my Ph.D. in English and have just (this week) finished the work for my MLIS (Library science). I have a Kindle, and, because I am totally insane, I just ordered an iliad. At this rate, I will be paying my student loans until I am in my 90s.

I also ordered one because I'm tired of reading badly-converted Adobe files. I hope that the iLiad does a good job with these.

Lauren
Welcome, and enjoy both your toys!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Welcome aboard, Lauren .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
MsAnthrope
Enthusiast
MsAnthrope is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2, EB-1150
Hey and welcome Lauren. From the look of things you will fit right in around here.
Enjoy!
MsAnthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Lauren. Now you know why they call it "The Terminal Degree." It leads to terminal insanity.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lauren and welcome to the Forum. If you are truly 'book-obsessed' you feel very at home here!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings from New York here as well, skoobwoman! Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobwoman View Post

Lauren
Oh ... you are going to be so popular around here!!! We're all crazy as loons and completely book obsessed. Glad to meet you ... and I hope your iLiad is the answer to your prayers.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Welcome to MobileRead.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote