Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #61
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Why don't you keep it as a spare, save it for occasions where you don't want to use the voyage, like reading in the bath. That's what I'm doing with DHs PW1 as he will be getting my PW2.
I might do that. Getting closer and closer to pushing the "order" button on the Voyage.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #62
maxkhoon
maxkhoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have sold my Kindle Touch with original lighted cover for 71 dollars,

Is it a good price? this make my Voyage for 219 - 71 = 148

thinking of selling my underused tablet too

can't wait!
maxkhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #63
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkhoon View Post
I have sold my Kindle Touch with original lighted cover for 71 dollars,

Is it a good price? this make my Voyage for 219 - 71 = 148

thinking of selling my underused tablet too

can't wait!
I have no idea if that's a good price but tbh so many people are selling devices right now. I sold my PW1 with an Amazon case and 18 months left on a transferable Warrenty yesterday for £80 and I count myself very lucky.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:51 AM   #64
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I just ordered (Sept 18, 16:48 CDT) the Voyage without special offers in WiFi only and my delivery date is October 28th. I probably won't keep it on order, but maybe. At least with Amazon its easy to return items. Perhaps the 300dpi screen will counter the light layer blur so obvious to my eyes in the PW1&2. But I remain very skeptical. Contrast also needs to be greatly, not just marginally, increased. I've gotten so spoiled with the higher resolution of tablets and phones.

I'm a long time Prime member. I don't know if perhaps that matters as far as shipping queue goes.
Wow, I wasn't expecting this from you Jack :-)

I know you have been very critical of Kindle PW.

Also, are you planning to sell your iPad Mini? Or you will keep it as well?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I might do that. Getting closer and closer to pushing the "order" button on the Voyage.
Here, let me help

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #66
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I suggest you buy it and then cancel it if you change your mind. If you wait much longer you won't get it until 2016.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #67
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I suggest you buy it and then cancel it if you change your mind. If you wait much longer you won't get it until 2016.
I agree on that. I ordered the second day it was out for WiFi and no Special Offers and got a Nov 28, 2014, delivery date based on demand in my State.

Demand must be enormous, at least in my State.

One can order and then cancel or receive delivery and then return it within 30 days.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #68
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
Best Buy has the Voyage for pre-order with a free shipping estimated arrival time of October 24-28. I've never pre-ordered from them, so I'm not sure if they actually will deliver within that timeframe. It might be worth a try for those who have late November estimates from Amazon. There's no mention of Special Offers for the $199 model, so it would also be cheaper than buying out of SO.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #69
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best Buy for Kindle Voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhilndr View Post
Best Buy has the Voyage for pre-order with a free shipping estimated arrival time of October 24-28. I've never pre-ordered from them, so I'm not sure if they actually will deliver within that timeframe. It might be worth a try for those who have late November estimates from Amazon. There's no mention of Special Offers for the $199 model, so it would also be cheaper than buying out of SO.

I just went to the Best Buy site and, when I clicked on delivery date, it returned me to the main screen without any delivery date. Here are the two models I saw displayed:

Model: B00IOYAM4I SKU: 9301112

•Touch screen
•4GB storage capacity
•WAN
•PagePress
•Adaptive front light

$269.99

• Save $100 on Select Devices: See How
• Free Shipping on Orders $35 and Up
• 5% Back in Rewards: See How

Model: B00IOY8XWQ SKU: 9302088

•Touch screen
•4GB storage capacity
•Wi-Fi
•PagePress
•Adaptive front light

$199.99

• Save $100 on Select Devices: See How
• Free Shipping on Orders $35 and Up
• 5% Back in Rewards: See How

There was no mention of Special Offer status on either. Thus, I assume the more expensive has NO Special Offers and the cheapest has Special Offers.

Evidently, those models are totally DIFFERIENT units with different constructions since they have different model numbers.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #70
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

In order to see the delivery dates you have to put it in your cart. I put the model number Best Buy gives for the $199.99 model in at Amazon and it took me to the Voyage page that shows all 4 configurations. The reason I question whether the Best Buy version of the Voyage comes without the Special Offers is because you can buy the PW2 w/o SO at Best Buy for $119.99. If that's true, then it makes for a better deal than buying out of SO later on.

Also, I think the higher priced one is the 3G model (it says WAN instead of Wi-fi).
Old 09-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #71
sirmaru
Wizard

Thanks for the information

Quote:
In order to see the delivery dates you have to put it in your cart. I put the model number Best Buy gives for the $199.99 model in at Amazon and it took me to the Voyage page that shows all 4 configurations. The reason I question whether the Best Buy version of the Voyage comes without the Special Offers is because you can buy the PW2 w/o SO at Best Buy for $119.99. If that's true, then it makes for a better deal than buying out of SO later on.

Also, I think the higher priced one is the 3G model (it says WAN instead of Wi-fi).
The $ 199.00 model has Special Offers included since it matches the price exactly on Amazon with Special Offers.

However, I just purchased a $ 1,448.00 Washer and Dryer from Best Buy last week which was delivered then. I went to their site and entered my purchase PIN number and total. They said I would see my Points in 3 to 4 days.

That means I can buy the Voyager with a DISCOUNT of $ 144.80 from Best Buy next week. When that happens, I'll keep my order from Amazon for the leather case and switch my Amazon Voyager Order to Best Buy.

I'll still buy the one for $ 219 without Special Offers and still may have to wait, maybe until December. However, saving that huge discount is worth waiting even one more month.

I never would have realized this without your post. Thanks, again.

This site is invaluable for obtaining information like this from thousands of posters.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-21-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #72
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow, I wasn't expecting this from you Jack :-)

I know you have been very critical of Kindle PW.

Also, are you planning to sell your iPad Mini? Or you will keep it as well?
I'm always willing to try a new Kindle, even though I remain very skeptical about the screen on the Vger. Do you get that reference? Besides, I currently live in a crappy apartment complex so I cannot read much out doors. However, in a few months the new place will be built and I will be moving way out in the country on five acres. So I hope to once again be able to read quite a bit out doors. So I will need a decent eInk reader.

I will keep my iPad mini Retina as it is my workhorse. I use it for most of my reading, for photography, for astronomy, for more things than you can shake a stick at. My favoritre device ever.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #73
luvhilndr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The $ 199.00 model has Special Offers included since it matches the price exactly on Amazon with Special Offers.
To complicate things further, the model number that BB lists for the PW takes you to the SO version at Amazon. Yet I purchased that model in-store yesterday for $119.99 and can confirm it does not have SO. That's led me to hope the $199.99 Voyage model listed at BB might also not include SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I never would have realized this without your post. Thanks, again.

This site is invaluable for obtaining information like this from thousands of posters.
You are most welcome. I've learned a lot of useful information from lurking in these forums. I've also purchased way too many gadgets after hanging around here.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #74
sirmaru
Wizard

Discount is 5%

Quote:
To complicate things further, the model number that BB lists for the PW takes you to the SO version at Amazon. Yet I purchased that model in-store yesterday for $119.99 and can confirm it does not have SO. That's led me to hope the $199.99 Voyage model listed at BB might also not include SO.

You are most welcome. I've learned a lot of useful information from lurking in these forums. I've also purchased way too many gadgets after hanging around here.
Those points give one 5%. Thus my washer / dryer purchase of $ 1,448 gives me only $ 72.00 discount on my Voyage. That's still better than nothing.

You got an early shipping date. That also indicates you have Special Offers included. Those buying without Special Offers are seeing late November or mid-December shipping dates now.

The Paperwhites for 2012 and 2013 had the same setup. Most purchased the ones with Special Offers and got early shipping dates. I purchased both without Special Offers and got later shipping dates.

However, they were DIFFERENT models. The early shipments had loads of bugs as reported here from color pixels to cracked screens. Many were returned for refunds as the purchasers had given up after repeated defective replacements. The later shipments had few, if any, defects.

I've had PW's and Fires, all late shipments, and have never seen any defects. Evidently, Amazon learns from early returns and the later versions have had assembly line and QA corrections.

My Voyager model without SO from Amazon has a Nov 28, 2014, delivery date. I'm pretty sure the Best Buy model without SO will be a December delivery date.

If anyone really wants the SO model, it would probably pay to order in December to avoid all the initial defects.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-21-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm always willing to try a new Kindle, even though I remain very skeptical about the screen on the Vger. Do you get that reference?
You are the js unit...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote