Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
t0s
t0s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, HTC HD2
USA Today built in recipe problem on Kindle3

Is it just me or is the built-in USA Today recipe not placing article titles at the head of the text when viewing on a Kindle3?

Is there a quick tweak I need to make to have it show at the head of the article?

To be sure the title is picked up as it can be seen in the Articles lists etc.
t0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
Same here. Not only are there no article titles, but when I checked the articles against a purchased issue from Amazon, It seems that the entire first paragraph is also missing!
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #4
t0s

Kovid, Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
t0s

Kovid, seems like the built in recipe is much better now thanks - but very often articles shown in the index are not actually downloaded.
So, e.g., in June 29 download there are 14 atricles listed in Entertainment section, but the last 5 or so are not actually downloaded. Any chance to fix? Thanks
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say they are not actually downloaded, what do you mean? Are they blank, not present at all?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
t0s

Thanks for the response.

They are not represented at all. So if I select the link to the article in the Sections and Articles list, it just goes to the next article available (after the missing article(s)).

Or if I was reading the last page of the previous article and I went to the next page it just goes to the next article available, skipping past any missing article(s).

The only place where there is an indication of the missing article is the title in the Sections and Articles list.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'd guess that is because those are video articles or some such. i.e. they have no actual text. Can you check if that is the case.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #9
t0s

Hi, unfortunately not just photos and videos.

So, e.g., in today's Life section it works for 11 of the 15 articles listed, but then the last four have this problem

Of the missing four, the very last two are indeed Photo and Gallery articles, but the two before those are text articles that are missing.

Seems to do this only for the last few articles in the section.

Thanks for looking into.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
cleansoap
cleansoap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My wife has long complained of the USA Today recipe showing articles in the index which are not actually downloaded.

So today I "fetched" a USA Today, confirmed that her complaints are valid and checked if the missing articles were video or photo slide shows as kovidgoyal suggested. They were not.

I am very willing to help help diagnose / repair but need pointed in the right direction. Willing to start with a reproduction instructions if needed.

Thanks,
cleansoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The next most likely explanantion is that the articles in question have a different structure than the others, so the keep_only_tags will have to be adjusten for them. Post a link to one of these articles, and I'll have a look.

EDIT: Actually, I just switched the recipe to use auto_cleanup, which resulted in only one blank article that I could see and that article had onlya picture and one line of text.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-07-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #12
cleansoap

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/fitness...irror/597428/1

was a "non-existent" article today.

"Fighting Fat With Introspection" was the article's name in the table of contents, under the "Health" section.

Thank you for your attention to this, and every other matter you have addressed for us!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
cleansoap

Sorry for reporting in so late, but the wife reports USA Today is working much better since the recipe was updated! Thanks.