Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
silatiw
silatiw began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622
Book catalog without thumbnail covers

Can I create a catalog with descriptions but no thumb covers?
Tried setting thumb width = 0, impossible
I tried calibredb.exe but did not find the correct parameter.
Maybe you know some way?
silatiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silatiw View Post
Can I create a catalog with descriptions but no thumb covers?
Tried setting thumb width = 0, impossible
I tried calibredb.exe but did not find the correct parameter.
Maybe you know some way?
Try the Commandline: calibredb -list
Review the help for the options to use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
silatiw

I have looked at 'calibredb --list' and 'calibredb catalog --help'. Unfortunately, I can't find myself. I wanted to make a catalog:

calibredb.exe catalog listebooks.epub --with-library "D: \ Books \ e-Books \ New books" --generate-authors --generate-descriptions -- ???

I do not know what to add, so that the catalog does not contain a cover thumbs.
Will you help?
Sorry for my English

Last edited by silatiw; 07-22-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There are a few Polish speakers that frequent here. They may step in (please)

I think you do NOT want to use --catalog. It has thumbnails ALWAYS

--list
--fields (to include)
--sort (how sorted)

You direct the result into a file (foo.CSV)

Code:
calibredb list --with-library "C:\Users\BigHD\Public2\MainLib" -f title,authors > foo.csv
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:12 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I think the OP should create a CSV catalog using a command like
Code:
calibredb catalog foo.csv --fields=title,comments
then use a spreadsheet program to format the file. This isn't something I ever do (or want to do) so I can't provide more assistance beyond saying that the above command does generate a valid CSV with quoted fields.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 06:36 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I think the OP should create a CSV catalog using a command like
Code:
calibredb catalog foo.csv --fields=title,comments
then use a spreadsheet program to format the file. This isn't something I ever do (or want to do) so I can't provide more assistance beyond saying that the above command does generate a valid CSV with quoted fields.
I sometimes create CSVs from the Generate Catalog GUI tool, which I then open with nirsoft's CSVFileView, it can do basic table functions (move, sort columns etc) and save the loaded CSV to HTML.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:50 AM   #7
silatiw

Thank you very much for help.
My idea was to create an .epub file without thumbnails, but thanks to you I found out that it is unfortunately impossible.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:08 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I sometimes create CSVs from the Generate Catalog GUI tool, which I then open with nirsoft's CSVFileView, it can do basic table functions (move, sort columns etc) and save the loaded CSV to HTML.

BR
This worked well. I created a CSV with title & comments, added it to CSVFileView, turned on "Allow multi-line", then saved it in HTML vertical format. I then added the HTML file to calibre and converted it to EPUB. Voila -- a nicely formatted list of books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:00 AM   #9
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by silatiw View Post
My idea was to create an .epub file without thumbnails, but thanks to you I found out that it is unfortunately impossible.
When you chpose «description», the image will be added. .... But ...
For that kind of catalog there is a template which can be adjusted. I do it, to get one book per page. You should be able to delete the image from the template.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118556
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:49 AM   #10
silatiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
When you chpose «description», the image will be added. .... But ...
For that kind of catalog there is a template which can be adjusted. I do it, to get one book per page. You should be able to delete the image from the template.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118556
I missed this information
I created a catalog in an .epub file with no thumbnails
By editing the files (.css, .xhtml), you can create your own catalog view in the .epub file
MobileRead is great.
Katja_hgb thank you very much.