Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #2701
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@Mikemk: Most likely broken date/time. You can either let it correct over WiFi/3G, or do it manually (;setDate).

You can also double-check that it's not simply that you received an OTA update you failed to notice, and that you just need to reinstall it .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #2702
Mikemk
Mikemk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2011 & KT 2017
;setDate did nothing, but connecting to wifi fixed the issue, thank you. Why exactly does having a correct date matter though?

I wonder how the date got messed up.
Mikemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #2703
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Mikemk: Because you need a sane date/time to be able to figure out which book was opened last . (In the same vein, your "by Recent" sort was probably subtly broken, too).

(FWIW, you have to feed a *nix epoch timestamp (as given by date +%s f.g.) to ;setDate for it to do something ).
Old 07-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #2704
aleq
aleq began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT (4.0.1), KT (5.3.7.3), KPW1 (sold), KPW2
Hi.
I'm unable to install Python. I have Kindle Touch B011, restored with Kubrick, updated to latest 5.3.7.3. Jailbroken (1.14.N), USBNet installed (v0.21.N). All went well. KUAL as well.
However with Python, Update Your Kindle is greyed. I tried Update_python_0.14.N_install_touch_pw.bin and Update_python_0.15.N_install_touch_pw.bin - either by copying via USB or pushing to /mnt/us via SCP. Still, Update Your Kindle is grey. The file disappears automatically, if copied over USB MS, upon disconnect.
The device is not registered on Amazon, but it is connected to WiFi. Date seems to be fine (when checked in shell).

I might be missing something obvious, any tips?

Thanks!

Last edited by aleq; 07-03-2018 at 06:53 PM.
aleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #2705
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@aleq: Use MRPI. (Except, as usual, with the packages from the Snapshots).
Advert
Old 07-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #2706
aleq
aleq began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT (4.0.1), KT (5.3.7.3), KPW1 (sold), KPW2
@NiLuJe
although I may not fully understand the statement in parethesis (as I even tried the python package fron Snapshots without MRPI), I used MRPI now and that did the trick. Thanks again!
aleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #2707
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Simply that I'm recommending you to use the snapshots, and not the current release. (i.e., rolling-release style).

And that the snapshots packages will only install through MRPI anyway .
Old 07-12-2018, 02:02 AM   #2708
Puky70
Puky70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindly Voyage
Hi,

is there still no screensaver hack for KOA2?

Kind regards

Puky70
Puky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #2709
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Puky70: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch