Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Android OS Smartphones lead in the U.S. in sales

Even after the launch of the iPhone and all of it's success, it was never able to beat RIM's sales and become the top dog of smartphone.

Android in a matter of about six months has come from nowhere to beat RIM and become top smartphone in the US.

Quote:
The NPD Group, a leading market research company. For the first time since the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2007, RIM fell to second position, as Android took the lead among operating systems in handsets sold to U.S. consumers (more...)
Top selling Android phones

1. Motorola Droid
2. HTC Droid Incredible
3. HTC EVO 4G
4. HTC Hero
5. HTC Droid Eris

Last edited by =X=; 08-04-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: title correction
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I'm thinking that new Blackberry Torch is not the answer RIM hopes it is to stay competitive.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@kjk, spot on, I couldn't say it better.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Blackberry's strength is it's security which makes it the choice in the corporate and governmet world. Now with it's problems in Saudi and UAE, it's in a world of trouble.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Blackberry's strength is it's security which makes it the choice in the corporate and governmet world. Now with it's problems in Saudi and UAE, it's in a world of trouble.
Some might say that the trouble it's having in Saudi and UAE actually enhances its reputation with corporations and other governments for being reliable and secure.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Some might say that the trouble it's having in Saudi and UAE actually enhances its reputation with corporations and other governments for being reliable and secure.

Graham
Of course, the US government isn't worried
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67246V20100803

Quote:
U.S. law enforcement officials said they can tap into emails and other conversations made using the device, made by Research in Motion, as long as they have proper court orders.

RIM's willingness to grant authorities access to the messages of its clients is a hot-button issue. The United Arab Emirates claims it does not have the same kind of surveillance rights to BlackBerry messages as officials in the United States
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I'm thinking that new Blackberry Torch is not the answer RIM hopes it is to stay competitive.
Actually I think it is nearly the ideal product for them at this point, it expands in the areas they were weaker while not neglecting their strengths.

Also, if you look at their sales, they are still doing really well and expanding it is just that their growth isn't matching up to that of Android.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
When I was working at Sony, I helped design and build the software stack for the new Xperia X10. This is turning out to be the best phone I have ever had. That said, the screen, while larger than an iPhone and other competitors is still smaller than a page on a ereader. The upshot is anyone who claims to like the way a smartphone (iPhone or other) lets to read ebooks is kind of correct but it is still like you are trying to read it through a keyhole. Last weekend when my old ereader took a dump and I was anxious to finish a book I was reading (The Destroyer series by Sapir and Murphy) so I loaded it onto my Smartphone and found reading somewhat painful
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
All I can say is that my Droid is by far the best phone I've ever used. Android is a *great* OS for phones.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, smartphone