Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Remove books from cloud

I have a family cook book I created as an ePub in Calibre. I used the server to add it to my iPad. I have now made some changes to the book in Calibre. I want to replace the copy on my iPad, but the only option I appear to have is a download from the cloud. This does not have my changes in it. How can I get a new download from Calibre on my Mac? TIA
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Once you download a book, the server has no control over it. Delete it from whatever app you are using to read it and re-download it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
dicknskip
Zealot

It appears that OS X puts a copy of a book into iCloud when I use the server to put it on my iPad. I have searched for a method to delete it from iCloud, but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way to turn this feature off or delete the copies from iCloud?
Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you'd have better luck asking in an Apple specific forum

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
If you go to System Preferences > iCloud and deselect whatever you don't want to be sent to iCloud (by default in Sierra+ it's turned on, I believe). You also need to go into iCloud Options, because that's where the Desktop/Documents settings are hiding.

I deselected everything because I couldn't figure out where it goes (when documents started to disappear from my HDD!) and how to delete etc (also, I got stung by Apple before with (??) me.com when first I had to pay and then it just went poof).

Oh Apple, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Apparently, I have nearly 1Gb "backed up" to iCloud. I have no idea how to even access it.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
dicknskip
Zealot

Thank you. I will try that. I am also a litle upset with what iCloud does automatically.