Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
TyraBanks
TyraBanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can I Merge Books in Bulk?

I was transferring a library, and for some reason a lot of the books have duplicates. Is there a way to merge in bulk?
TyraBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
No.

There is a plugin "Find Duplicates" that can help you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131017
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
No.

There is a plugin "Find Duplicates" that can help you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131017
Yeah, that's great at finding the duplicates. But I think the OP already knows what the dups are, and has a lot of them and wants to merge the duplicate sets in one fell swoop, instead of set by set.

Alas, I haven't found a way to do that

What I have done on accasion is run Find Duplicates, use 'date:today' on the result, and delete all results that match, leaving the already existing copy of the duplicate set.

That gets rid of the duplicates, but doesnt merge them, which is what the OP wants.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote