Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #46
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
Second there really needs to be an option to remove the black back when reading with the light on, it might not be taking up any extra space but it is very distracting
There is an option to remove the black box at the bottom in Settings, if that is what you mean. The space is blank, but at least not black.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #47
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am having trouble with the highlighting. It seems very finicky and the slider is not that responsive. Is there a trick to this?> I use DRM-free books and always marek the typos for correction, so it has been frustrating to me that it often takes so many tries to highlight.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #48
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I am having trouble with the highlighting. It seems very finicky and the slider is not that responsive. Is there a trick to this?> I use DRM-free books and always marek the typos for correction, so it has been frustrating to me that it often takes so many tries to highlight.
Nope. No trick. Other than for Kobo to fix the bugs with the text selection process.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
There is an option to remove the black box at the bottom in Settings, if that is what you mean. The space is blank, but at least not black.
Where? Unfortunately I can't seem to find it.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #50
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
Where? Unfortunately I can't seem to find it.
Under SETTINGS/LIGHT,SLEEP AND POWER the 2nd option allows you to change the light indicator to CLEAR.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #51
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
As someone else previously pointed out, ignore the handles and just use your finger to slide. This should give you a little more control than if you try to use the handles (which is the logical way to do it)
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #52
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks, that helped a bit. I still hope they can fix it int he next firmware tweak. Also, I would love for them to add a past purchases tab so you can access books which you own but do not have shelved right now without going back to the computer. Pretty please, Sameer?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #53
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Under SETTINGS/LIGHT,SLEEP AND POWER the 2nd option allows you to change the light indicator to CLEAR.
Thanks
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #54
edwardno
edwardno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Finally something that makes that stupid bar go away permanently. I was having to put my kobo to sleep after turning the light on and when I turned the reader back on the bar would be gone.

Last edited by edwardno; 12-29-2012 at 10:52 PM.
edwardno is offline   Reply With Quote