Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Mobipocket Table of Contents

Can we ask questions here?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Since you already did, why dont you ask the real question?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Since you already did, why dont you ask the real question?

Well maybe this topic is not for newbie flood

Anyway, since you have invited me here you go:
Quote:
Mobipocket - Browse a book by the table of contents
I have opened today one the books I have created for sony reader in Book Designer. Added manual page breaks between chapters, forced TOC in the beginning and created mobipocket book.
Looks as good as LRF. TOC works well - I click on achapter, it takes me to this chapter.
The question is how do I get back to the TOC after I have found whatever I wanted in this chapter?
In sony reader I click many wheel, it takes me to TOC and I choose what chapter to go from there. How can it be done when I read mobipocket on the iLiad.
I have used mobipocket 6.0 version desktop client which I downloaded from their website.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
BookDesigner does not support MobiPocket TOC, so most BD-based books (e.g. from MobileRead) have an internal TOC near the start which does the same job.

Since it isn't a MobiPocket TOC, you can't use the TOC icon - however since the internal TOC is near the start of the book you can just go back to the start to access it again.

You can also read DRM-free MobiPocket books with FBReader. It also does not recognise the internal TOC as a formal TOC, but it has a goto-start icon and also a go-back icon. These should take you back to the internal TOC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post

Well maybe this topic is not for newbie flood

Anyway, since you have invited me here you go:

I have opened today one the books I have created for sony reader in Book Designer. Added manual page breaks between chapters, forced TOC in the beginning and created mobipocket book.
Looks as good as LRF. TOC works well - I click on achapter, it takes me to this chapter.
The question is how do I get back to the TOC after I have found whatever I wanted in this chapter?
In sony reader I click many wheel, it takes me to TOC and I choose what chapter to go from there. How can it be done when I read mobipocket on the iLiad.
I have used mobipocket 6.0 version desktop client which I downloaded from their website.
Don't know much about Mobipocket book format, but one can certainly achieve the back-to-TOC effect in creating PDFs. Just make a page header with a hyperlink that refers back to the same section the TOC, then whenever you want to go back to TOC click on the page header.

With proper hyperlinks created on each page, one don't even need to click any preset button or even flip the bar to navigate through the entire document. It's just that most documents or books aren't hyperlink-rich.

Last edited by alanine; 11-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanine View Post
Don't know much about Mobipocket book format, but one can certainly achieve the back-to-TOC effect in creating PDFs. Just make a page header with a hyperlink that refers back to the same section the TOC, then whenever you want to go back to TOC click on the page header.
Will not work for me

I am speaking about reading fiction and it means I want to have different font sizes. You cannot have it with PDF.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Since it isn't a MobiPocket TOC, you can't use the TOC icon - however since the internal TOC is near the start of the book you can just go back to the start to access it again.

You can also read DRM-free MobiPocket books with FBReader. It also does not recognise the internal TOC as a formal TOC, but it has a goto-start icon and also a go-back icon. These should take you back to the internal TOC.
Is it difficult to get to the start of the book? Do you need to use stylist or you can achive it by pressing cirtain buttons?

For icons in FBreader I will need to use stylist, right?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
For icons in FBreader I will need to use stylist, right?
You can bind any available action to each of the hardware keys, so it should be possible to read using FBReader without the stylus. One advantage of MobiPocket books with a MobiPocket TOC in FBReader is that the chapters are marked on the progress bar and are recognized as sections for the "goto next/previous section" actions. I have these bound to the up and down arrow keys, which makes skipping a chapter (or a short story) very easy.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote