Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #436
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
NAmazon free app of the day today is Officesuite Pro, and there are and additional 27 listed that some are must haves for tablets. Printershare, quell, password manager plus many more. They usually post these free apps when a new device is announced, so grab them while they are free.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_hps_f...g=kbkindleb-20

NO LONGER FREE

Last edited by Tabatha; 09-28-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #437
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I found out that 1mobile carries my favorite live news (in English) streaming app (World News Live24). It's available through Google Play, too (got it on my Nooks) but the Amazon app store doesn't carry it. I was able to install it without a problem on the HDX using the 1mobile app, and ESET cleared it as clean. So far, it's working well.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #438
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
i have avast
virus checker installed on my kf
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #439
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Free apps....my daughter's going to go nuts when she sees Five Nights at Freddy's 3!

This has an affiliate which I don't know how to remove.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #440
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
epub apps?

I've just been using Overdrive on my KFHDX7 for reading library borrows that aren't available in Kindle format. Are there any other free apps that people prefer? It's tough to try to slog past all the kids' reading apps in the appstore. A few are listed in post 1 but I assume that info may be a bit stale by now?

Thanks,
CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #441
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Public library ebook software

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I've just been using Overdrive on my KFHDX7 for reading library borrows that aren't available in Kindle format. Are there any other free apps that people prefer? It's tough to try to slog past all the kids' reading apps in the appstore. A few are listed in post 1 but I assume that info may be a bit stale by now?

Thanks,
CC
One Click Digital is often another available reader used by public libraries. Works great on Kindle Fire HD7.

Zinio is an app for reading periodicals available through many public libraries as well.

I recommend you touch base with your local library to see what e-reading options are available. Many library users will often pay the small non-resident fee to access digital content at libraries out of the local area. Some libraries will waive the fee for veterans, military, or other categories.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #442
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookatarian View Post
One Click Digital is often another available reader used by public libraries. Works great on Kindle Fire HD7.

Zinio is an app for reading periodicals available through many public libraries as well.

I recommend you touch base with your local library to see what e-reading options are available. Many library users will often pay the small non-resident fee to access digital content at libraries out of the local area. Some libraries will waive the fee for veterans, military, or other categories.
This is only for that 1-in-50 that isn't available in Kindle, which I read on a PW. For those (epubs), my local library supports Overdrive, but the lack of highlighting, exporting notes, wiki search etc. is frustrating.

I can use any public library in the state, but a few still require in-person verification. I'm in the 8 largest that don't, and among them they have everything I've sought, just epub-only in a few isolated cases. So I just want to find an epub app that has features similar to Kindle...

Thanks,
CC

Oh, it would also be used for public domain books that are only available in epub...
Old 09-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #443
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sorry I misunderstood.

Have you looked at Aldiko Book Reader? The premium version does some of what you want, and the fee is small. It is one of the highest rated readers and very versatile.

eLibrary Manager is free and fairly robust.

Last edited by Bookatarian; 09-15-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #444
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post

Oh, it would also be used for public domain books that are only available in epub...
Those would typically have no DRM and would convert easily to Kindle format, so you can read anyway you want.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:37 PM   #445
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookatarian View Post
Sorry I misunderstood.

Have you looked at Aldiko Book Reader? The premium version does some of what you want, and the fee is small. It is one of the highest rated readers and very versatile.

eLibrary Manager is free and fairly robust.
Thanks -I installed eLM which is a free underground app, but couldn't figure out how to connect to a borrowed library book, or even to a network folder where I have a few epubs.

Aldiko sounds more promising - I would try the free version but it doesn't seem to be Fire-compatible. If I can't find a good free app I'll buy the Fire-compatible premium version...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:44 PM   #446
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Those would typically have no DRM and would convert easily to Kindle format, so you can read anyway you want.
I've had mixed success converting epubs to kindle using Calibre. I don't mind reading with the Kindle app on the KFHDX7 - in some ways it's better than the PW - I just want an app with comparable features for epubs...
Old 09-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #447
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Deleted, wrong thread

Last edited by Catlady; 09-16-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote