Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
PE Pen and Display Safety

Hi, I'm just wondering if the PE stylus is prone to scratch either of the screens. My PE didn't come with any screen protectors. Should I get some or is the stylus safe to use on both screens?

P.S. I plan on also using the LCD side to write.
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Le Pan 10, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy SII
I stick a screen protector on everything I buy, that is what they are for. Why take a chance. The tips could break/chip unknown to you and scratch. Drop something on the screen and scratch.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
Thanks EXSCENTRIC. Now this only question is where to get screen protectors with the dimensions of the PE. Maybe buy iPad/mainstream Tablet ones and measure/cut?
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
the stylus for my first PE scratched the screen :/

I believe there are links to them in the Accessories thread
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzantius View Post
Thanks EXSCENTRIC. Now this only question is where to get screen protectors with the dimensions of the PE. Maybe buy iPad/mainstream Tablet ones and measure/cut?
I set up a thread for just this occasion. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...reen+protector It's a compilation of screen protector websites for the PE and the EE. In addition the screen sizes are included.

Last edited by mokel22; 07-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Le Pan 10, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy SII
I picked up some ipad savers on sale and just did cut them to fit.

You might try your local target that is where I got mine, they had zagg brand and some others few weeks ago.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
QDman
QDman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
My order from xoskins.com arrived yesterday. Easy to put on, no loss of sensitivity, I think they'll do a great job of protecting my Pocket eDGe.

Now that I look back, that looks like an endorsement for an entirely different product.
QDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDman View Post
...xoskins.com arrived yesterday. Easy to put on, no loss of sensitivity...
How are they for writing? Does the stylus 'drag'? I cut down an ipad one and it seems to cause the stylus to drag. The bare screen however is too slippery.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
QDman
QDman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
How are they for writing? Does the stylus 'drag'? I cut down an ipad one and it seems to cause the stylus to drag. The bare screen however is too slippery.
It's got a little more resistance that without the skin, but after a few minutes of using it, I no longer noticed.
QDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 AM   #10
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by QDman View Post
It's got a little more resistance that without the skin, but after a few minutes of using it, I no longer noticed.
Ditto for me. It "sticks" a tiny bit. The surface is more reflective, too, which can be good or bad.

Last edited by Filark; 07-14-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote