Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison - $0.99

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=21857

Quote:
Rachel Morgan Series Book 1

Rachel Morgan keeps Cincinnati civilized, a job that got a lot harder when witches, warlocks, vampires, and werewolves came out of hiding. Luckily, she's also a sexy witch with an attitude, and she'll bring 'em back alive, dead--or undead. All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed. A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.
Add in club membership, and that 25% off code that still seems to be working - theiphoneblog25 - and it comes to just $0.63, a 94% discount!

It look fun, and at 63¢ I can't resist.

[EDIT] Apparently it's free elsewhere! e.g. Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UMVN0O/

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-03-2010 at 02:09 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
She just got out book# 7 of the series.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Just a reminder, it's still free at the sony store.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
The same title is currently available for free from the Sony store.

Argh! Looks like John F beat me to the punch on that one.

Last edited by Croptop; 03-03-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Acknowledging my slowness.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Also free at Kobo, Amazon and B&N.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
If you like that genre - Kim Harrison is a really good writer.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant;814557[EDIT
Apparently it's free elsewhere! e.g. Amazon.
And I've just sent a message to fictionwise about this. Because the book that I've downloaded from Fictionwise is identical (save for a little metadata) to the free book at Amazon - even to the cover image bearing the banner message "FREE EDITION WITH BONUS MATERIAL".

It's not that I'm worried about $0.63. But I expected better of Fictionwise. It doesn't look good to sell something that the publisher seems to want to be given away.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Dead Witch Walking is a real deal. 374 pages or so. The bonus material is good enough to irritate me. Made me want to buy the sequel...

This was my first "purchase" from the Sony store. None of their other free books looked good.

Giving away one volume of a popular series has to be good business - I bet they sell a lot of the rest of the series that way, once you are hooked.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm currently reading The Good, The Bad, and The Undead and it is good. if you like the first book, you'll like the second.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-04-2010 at 08:57 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm currently reading The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and it is good. if you like the first book, you'll like the second.
Er, I assume you actually mean The Good, The Bad, and The Undead?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The excerpt reads like a female Harry Dresden, story.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
She just got out book# 7 of the series.
Number 8 but who's counting.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The excerpt reads like a female Harry Dresden, story.

Luck;
Ken
OMG, you're right. I never thought of it that way, but.. yeah, it does. I still prefer Dresden, but I've read all but these last two of the Kim Harrison series.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
OMG, you're right. I never thought of it that way, but.. yeah, it does. I still prefer Dresden, but I've read all but these last two of the Kim Harrison series.
What I enjoyed about both The Hollows and the Dresden Files is how mythology, depth of character and detail of the world grew with each book. Also there is a larger story arc that parallels and intertwines with each new release.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=21857

Add in club membership, and that 25% off code that still seems to be working - theiphoneblog25 - and it comes to just $0.63, a 94% discount!

It look fun, and at 63¢ I can't resist.

[EDIT] Apparently it's free elsewhere! e.g. Amazon.
This is strange... On Amazon it's not available in Australia, but on Fictionwise it is...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote