Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #1
cassa
cassa began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Calibre doesn't play audio and video

Hi everyone,
i have a problem with Calibre. My actual version is 3.15. I created an eBook with Sigil and Audio/Video are playing correctly on other ebook readers (Readium google chrome extension, Microsoft Edge) but on Calibre the player displays but i can't play anything. I attached the screen in this post.

The video format is .mp4 and the audio format is .mp3. I already tried to install third part video codec (K-lite codec pack) but nothing changes.

Also in the Sigil preview i can play video and audio correctly. I don't know what do to.

I have Windows 10.

please help! thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	283
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	161483  

Last edited by cassa; 01-13-2018 at 06:00 AM.
cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer does not support audio/vide. You can use the in browser viewer that comes with the calibre content server, but the standalone viewer does not support it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
kovid, i know this post is from 2018. Will calibre viewer plan to support audio/video in the future? thank you.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:28 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I hope not. A lot of extra complexity for no value. Real books never have audio and video and Mac, Linux & Windows have no shortage of clients for those.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:44 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
kovid, i know this post is from 2018. Will calibre viewer plan to support audio/video in the future? thank you.
Not something I care about personally, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:35 PM   #6
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I hope not. A lot of extra complexity for no value. Real books never have audio and video and Mac, Linux & Windows have no shortage of clients for those.
I've only encountered it in one book In a library catalog of 10,000. It would be nice that if the ebook viewer cannot play the audio or video itself, that it would at least give us an option to have an external application play it
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:01 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
… give us an option to have an external application play it
We already have such an option, see ==>> Configuring and using Calibre's built in Open With

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote