Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #1
cheska99
cheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle for Mac or iPhone
No start-up wizard

The introductory video says to start with setting up my device in the start-up window but when I start up Calibre, I don't get the wizard; instead I go straight to the general userface, where I see no way to connect to devices. I've trashed Calibre twice and reinstalled but to no effect.
cheska99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can always run the welcome wizrd manually by right lickingthe preferences button and choosing "run welcome wizard"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheska99 View Post
The introductory video says to start with setting up my device in the start-up window but when I start up Calibre, I don't get the wizard; instead I go straight to the general userface, where I see no way to connect to devices. I've trashed Calibre twice and reinstalled but to no effect.
The Wizard only AUTO-runs the first time Calibre starts.
From then on, do as Kovid said (he should know )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #4
cheska99
cheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texancheska99 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle for Mac or iPhone
Getting Calibre started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can always run the welcome wizrd manually by right lickingthe preferences button and choosing "run welcome wizard"
Thanks, Kovid. I thought using the start-up wizard would solve my problem, but it didn't. However, I bet you can. I've got Calibre open and click on add books. Although I have over 400 books in Kindle, nothing shows up when I use this add books, button. I feel kind of stumped at this point. Can you help me get passed this problem and onto finally being able to use Calibre? Thanks!
cheska99 is offline   Reply With Quote