Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #16
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Eh... "right" click?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Eh... "right" click?
Whatever you wanna call it. Clicking right on the 5-way controller.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjono View Post
I downloaded the Kindle Collection Manager from here:-

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94261

It was excellent.

All my collections done on the PC with a real keyboard and mouse.

Brewjono.
Is there also a version for a macbook?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Or pushing right on the joystick for the DX and K2 users.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
apriluofa
eBook Addict
apriluofa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Kindle Touch Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
And don't forget that when you're adding books to collections, you can select "Menu->add all books on this page" to make things go even faster.
Gah... FFS!

I was trying to figure out how to do that and finally gave up and just went down the page selecting them one-by-one. Thanks for the tip, at least I'll be better informed next time
apriluofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #21
Top Tomato
Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G
Add me to the moron club. Awesome tip.
Top Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #22
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Thanks for these tips, makes it easy when we know how
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #23
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
That helped, while I'm waiting for a Kindle Collection app - the 'add by page thing' is fantastic.

Now, if only it didn't display series I've imported from my old Sony (via Calibre) is 'most recent first' (i.e. last in the series first!) that'd be perfect. But that's a minor thing compared to the fact that the screen is bootiful
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #24
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriluofa View Post
Gah... FFS!

I was trying to figure out how to do that and finally gave up and just went down the page selecting them one-by-one. Thanks for the tip, at least I'll be better informed next time
Not so obvious for me was that one has to be IN a Collection- click on Menu to get the ' add/remove items' and from that again on menu to get the ' Add all items on this page' option. Now I just go for the whole page and deselect the ones I don't want in the Collection: in some cases practical.
Also, in the beginning, I sometimes forgot to click ' done' at the bottom of the page.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #25
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Also, in the beginning, I sometimes forgot to click ' done' at the bottom of the page.
I never click Done - doesn't make any difference under the original or 3.01 firmware, as it sticks it in the collection immediately when you click, it appears.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #26
desertblues
Home for the moment

Thnx, didn't know that.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #27
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Me too Harry T! My K3 left side page turn buttons dont work properly anymore so I have to do the collections thing all over again....
Pushka, you won't have to redo your collections.

Before you return your K3, make sure to do a sync with Amazon. You should also do a backup onto your PC drive, just in case.

When you get your new K3,

1. add all your books,

THEN

2. import your collections file.

The simplest way to import the collections file is from your Kindle:
From Home, find and open your Archives, and then select
[Add other device collections].

Select the name of the Kindle you returned, and voila! It'll import your collections file and all the books you have on your Kindle will fall into their appropriate collections just like that.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Unfortunately, that only works for Amazon books.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Unfortunately, that only works for Amazon books.
Oh, now that just stinks. Mine only had Amazon books on it when I did the swap, so I never noticed.

Will copying the collections.json file or whole backup from disk still work?
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote