Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Rynn01
Rynn01 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E2
How to use sites w/ Plucker?

Hi. I think I would love Plucker (and Sunrise) if I could only get them to work!

I'm trying to use a map program on my palm. I've tried google maps and map quest both. I've finally gotten mapquest to load up properly, but when I try to put in info to see the map, I can't input anything on my palm. What's the point of this?

I see where you can use sites such as Amazon, Google, etc, but all these require info to be put in on the palm. How do I do this?

TIA,
Rynn
Rynn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Rynn01, please note that Plucker is an offline reader and Sunrise is a program that downloads content for Plucker when you hotsync. That means that you have to download content ahead of time and save it on your PDA, can't surf the web in real time. So Amazon, Google, etc. would be of little use unless you had a page for a specific product that you wanted to view. If you have wi-fi or bluetooth access to the internet in your PDA, you could use a web browser (like Blazer) to surf in real time.

As far as viewing maps goes, Plucker conceivably could display a simple page from mapquest, but it's really not well suited to viewing large graphics or pages with interactive content. Try this-- go to this website in your browser:

http://wap.mapquest.com and get it to display the map you want, then right-click and clip it to SunriseXP, and view in Plucker.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by doogie68; 08-01-2006 at 11:45 AM.
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
Rynn01
Rynn01 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E2
Doogie, first off let me say that your tutorial is what propted me to try sunrise/plucker. Thanks so much for the time you put into that.

Your answer is what I had figured, but seeing all the interactive sites listed for plucker, kinda misled me. I'll continue to play around with it and see what I can find.

Thanks again,
Rynn
Rynn01 is offline   Reply With Quote