Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
erikt
erikt began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
how to purchase eBook as gift

Sorry if this has been asked before. Is there any way for someone to purchase an eBook for someone else as a gift? I've got a new Cybook Gen3 and with Xmas coming up I'd like any books I receive to be in electronic form. Is there no way to do this, other than purchasing a gift certificate? Even with a gift certificate, it seems the buyer has to know the user id of the recipient at each store.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints!
ET
erikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
One wee thing you can do, Erik, is visit my own small bookstore (www.bewrite.net) and drop me a line of any of the 120 or so BeWrite Books ebook titles that catch your eye. I'd be happy to send them over to you free of DRM and free of charge. An offer for MR pals only for the rest of this year. The ebook versions are so far in PDF only, but I'm told by readers that they lose only insignificant formatting on CyBook. ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of course). Merry Christmas. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Last year, my husband gave me a gift certificate for my favorite ebook website. The gift certificated included a code that I used when I purchased books. My husband did not need to know anything about my account number. I'm hoping to find another gift certificate in my stocking this year.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think you can send either micropay credits or a gift certificate valid for a given book in Fictionwise. But I don't think you can skip "geographic restrictions" that way (i.e. the recipient won't be allowed to download the book if (s)he does not have the right credit crad).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
erikt
erikt began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Thanks for the replies all. For me, this is another example showing that the technology just isn't quite ready for prime time. Until someone can purchase a specific title as a gift for someone else, I think the retailers will be missing out on a lot of holiday purchases.

ET
erikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert