Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #61
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
It's just editing the “kobo eReader.conf” file on the device, no hacks needed.
and if these variables don't exist, I can just add them?
rantoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #62
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantoie View Post
and if these variables don't exist, I can just add them?
yes exactly
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #63
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
So I've added the FullBookPageNumber to the Feature Settings for my Kobo Aura HD, and while it works perfectly (in terms of displaying page x of xxx for the entire book instead of page x of xx for the current chapter), it seems the page number update freezes my Aura HD when the book is first opened, or when I open a different book and then go back to the original book I was reading.

Is this a known or common problem with this feature? I really like the feature, but the freezing issue that comes with it, not so much!

I notice that the books load slower now that I've enabled this option.... but oddly I don't see a difference in the page numbering. Before I got full book page numbers, so maybe this is now a default in 3.1.1?
Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #64
rantoie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It adds a "Reading Stats" option to the menu for a book in the library list. When selected, it opens the reading stats page and shows the stats for the selected book.
This did not seem to work on my Aura HD using 3.1.1 firmware
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantoie View Post
I notice that the books load slower now that I've enabled this option.... but oddly I don't see a difference in the page numbering. Before I got full book page numbers, so maybe this is now a default in 3.1.1?
No, it hasn't changed. The FullBookPageNumber option only affect kepubs. If you are reading epubs or other formats, they always have page counts for the full book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #66
rantoie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, it hasn't changed. The FullBookPageNumber option only affect kepubs. If you are reading epubs or other formats, they always have page counts for the full book.
Thanks, that was exactly it!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #67
c123
c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
This is a great tread, lot of easter eggs hidden in nikel.
On my Glo running 2.8.1:
OnlineWikipedia
PhraseTranslation
Thesaurus
AllowDevConsole
FullBookPageNumbers works well.

But:
ImageZoom
ExportHighlightsEnabled

are not working, I don't know why, I simply added in the Kobo eReader.conf file this text:

there's a special order in which they need to be inserted?
Or Zoom and ExportHighlights should be not under [FeatureSettings]?
Added those lines to the conf file (edited directly on device with vi, made backup first) last night for my Aura 3.1.1.

Great find! Love the translation option. Did manage to rotate the page in one epub (kepub?), will have a further play this evening.

Thanks.
c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #68
pydahdah
Pedro
pydahdah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi guys. How I do to install a dictionary that is not included within the kobo? I want a best complete in dictionary in Spanish
pydahdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pydahdah View Post
Hi guys. How I do to install a dictionary that is not included within the kobo? I want a best complete in dictionary in Spanish
I suggest you look at the Tweaks thread. There are instructions in the first post under "Custom Dictionaries" with a link to the discussion on this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #70
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Is there an option for showing % instead of page numbers, except on main screen?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #71
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Is there an option for showing % instead of page numbers, except on main screen?
Just tap the screen to get the in-book top/bottom menus. If you look at the top middle, the time is shown immediately and changes to %-read after a few seconds. At least this is true in standard epubs. I don't know if it's the same in kepubs.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #72
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Jackie_w, it's the same with kepubs.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #73
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Jackie_w, it's the same with kepubs.
Thanks, it sounds like forster01 is covered either way, then.

(P.S. I loved your Neanderthal trilogy )
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #74
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
@jackie_w - Thank you mate...
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #75
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
deleted

Last edited by gong; 01-17-2014 at 02:04 PM.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nickel, wikipedia