Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
snelzzy
snelzzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen)
Could use some Help- calibre & Paperwhite

If a moderator sees this, could you please delete this thread?

Last edited by snelzzy; 02-12-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Moved thread to proper forum.
snelzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

would probably be a better place for dedicated help...

but since I hadn't run calibre in forever...

I connected my kindle... Device appears
Spoiler:

I choose something I have imported that is not on the device and choose SEND TO DEVICE (its the second option on the "right click" list)

Spoiler:

It sends to the device. I choose SHOW BOOKS IN MAIN MEMORY

Spoiler:

it appears in the devices list of stuff with a green tick

Spoiler:

I eject device.

Thats it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_102.png
Views:	528
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	101109   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre - || Calibre Library ||_103.png
Views:	538
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	101110   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre - || Calibre Library ||_104.png
Views:	477
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	101111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_106.png
Views:	460
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	101112  

Last edited by twobob; 02-11-2013 at 11:03 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelzzy View Post
I am unable to open books when I transfer them directly from Calibre to my PW via USB. The device tells me to delete it and re-download it from Amazon. I've tried various formats, AZW3, AZW, MOBI(Old and New) and so far nothing works. The only success I've had was emailing it to my device through Amazon. I successfully completed the jailbreak process by rolling the firmware back and re-installing 5.3.3 as well as the devcerts and the rescue pack. I'm guessing there is more to it than that as far as direct transfer of eBooks. I apologize if this has been answered previously and I simply didn't see it. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.. as you can tell my experience and knowledge with all of this is very limited.
The presence or absence of a jailbreak is irrelevent to your ability to send books to your PW from Calibre via usb. Are you able to open/read these books with Calibre's viewer? If not, then this is likely a DRM issue.

PS- I agree with twobob, the calibre forum is your best bet for help.

Last edited by GoSharks; 02-11-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: additional thought
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
snelzzy
snelzzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction =)

Last edited by snelzzy; 02-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.
snelzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delete thread