Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
IGraham
IGraham began at the beginning.

Device: none
To produce an ebook ?

Hi
I'm looking for advice, pointers etc (gained from experience) on how to scan and produce an ebook
I've never tried this before and am thinking that if I just jump straight in and 'do it' I'll end up spending ages and with a not a good product
I have various paper pamphlets, posters, epic books etc that I'd like to scan to an epub (book, compilation). Some of the paper-based stuff is hand written and some typed and some a bit faded
How to I go about scanning and making the best of the original.
Is it possible to to do OCR on the hand written - would that ultimately just be masochistic.
Best way to compile ?
You'll be wanting to know some of my hardware/software possibly OS W764, scanner Perfection 1250, Scan software VueScan 9, LibreOffice
Yes I did do a search and was buried under a plethora of 'not what I was looking for', 'overkill', irrelevant, old, etc etc

Thanks for any help advice you can give (hopefully)
IGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You might want to look at our wiki. There is a howto section.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert