Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@saxondawg: I addressed one problem (metadata jackets inserted by calibre causing crashes because they used a table to layout the text). This was an issue that was easy to fix in calibre without sacrificing any functionality. There are other bugs on the Fire that cause crashes. One common source of crashes is having a ASIN field in the MOBI file's EXTH header. You can turn that off by enabling the share not sync option under MOBI Output in the conversion dialog and also under Preferences->Output Options->MOBI Output. Note that doing so will make your books show up in Docs rather than Books on the Fire.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #77
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@saxondawg: I addressed one problem (metadata jackets inserted by calibre causing crashes because they used a table to layout the text). This was an issue that was easy to fix in calibre without sacrificing any functionality. There are other bugs on the Fire that cause crashes. One common source of crashes is having a ASIN field in the MOBI file's EXTH header. You can turn that off by enabling the share not sync option under MOBI Output in the conversion dialog and also under Preferences->Output Options->MOBI Output. Note that doing so will make your books show up in Docs rather than Books on the Fire.
Yes, thanks, Kovid, I had seen this info when you posted it earlier. As I said, the problem is with the amazon folks. I think you've done all you can, as you say, without sacrificing functionality. You have all the spectrum of e-readers to think about. As I said, I'm willing to concentrate my reading on a K3. I do appreciate the problem you addressed, and I have my own workarounds.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert