Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #46
ambrose007
ambrose007 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300, Kindle Fire
Shortcuts or book marks and folders and such

I am running Go Launcher EX on my fire and i wondering if anyone has been able to add shortcuts or folders to the home screens?

B.
ambrose007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #47
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Go Launcher wasn't playing nice with my app names, so I ended up ditching it. Otherwise the dock would have come in handy.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrose007 View Post
I am running Go Launcher EX on my fire and i wondering if anyone has been able to add shortcuts or folders to the home screens?

B.
Folders yes but shortcuts don't work. If you drag two app icons close enough together they make a folder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #49
ambrose007
ambrose007 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300, Kindle Fire
okay yup folders are working now thank you...is there anyway at all to do a shortcut type for links to websites or documents?

B.
ambrose007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #50
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thanks, Blossom, I didn't know about dragging icons together in Go Launcher Ex to make a folder.
I have learned so many new things from you about the Kindle Fire.....appreciate it.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Thanks, Blossom, I didn't know about dragging icons together in Go Launcher Ex to make a folder.
I have learned so many new things from you about the Kindle Fire.....appreciate it.
I discovered this by accident. It was like what did I just do now? I realized they were folders. There is another way too I just can't remember it. I don't have Go! anymore but I think it may have been somewhere on the menu button settings.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #52
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
I loved Go Launcher EX on my Kindle fire. I had a gorgeous blue aqua background with a sunflower on it and a neat weather gadget and all the apps I use frequently. But Blossom told me about her Kindle getting bricked and I went back to the tired old gray bookshelves. I would hate to be without the thing even long enough for them to replace it. Also, it was a Xmas gift and I would hate to explain to the person who gave it to me that I screwed it up by doing unAmazon things to it. :-(
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #53
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Fire is NOT getting bricked by LauncherGO, thats nonsens. Have it since at least 8 weeks, going through 2 FW updates and all updates of GO. Neverever any issues.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Fire is NOT getting bricked by LauncherGO, thats nonsens. Have it since at least 8 weeks, going through 2 FW updates and all updates of GO. Neverever any issues.
Not nonsense it can happen. It happen to others. Just google it. One person had 2 Fires and 2 relatives over who gotten theirs for Christmas. He installed the same exact apk on all 4 devices. Two worked flawlessly and two did the same as mine did. Why? No one has a clue.

Why mine suddenly started acting up I don't know I can't say for certain if mine was Go! bad firmware or other but that person definitely had an issue with it. Others out there on other forums and on Amazon's Forum who had it happen.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #55
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
And none of them is sure about. Just assumptions, no one knows, if it was something else ...
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #56
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
And none of them is sure about. Just assumptions, no one knows, if it was something else ...

I did some googling after reading about Blossom's concerns. It was enough to warn me off even though I really enjoyed it,
Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It's just common sense if several have the same program installed and has the same thing happen to them after installing and others who do not have it installed has no problems that it be smart to be cautious before dismissing it entirely.

It could be a combo of things. It could be a bug in Go! that only activates under certain conditions. Computers are like that some people experience bugs and some don't.

We all do not use the app the same way or have the same apps installed so it's hard to say why some have issues and others don't. It just pays to be careful and decide if you want to take a risk using it and being informed what issues it could cause if you do take that risk.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's just common sense if several have the same program installed and has the same thing happen to them after installing and others who do not have it installed has no problems that it be smart to be cautious before dismissing it entirely.

It could be a combo of things. It could be a bug in Go! that only activates under certain conditions. Computers are like that some people experience bugs and some don't.

We all do not use the app the same way or have the same apps installed so it's hard to say why some have issues and others don't. It just pays to be careful and decide if you want to take a risk using it and being informed what issues it could cause if you do take that risk.
I'm wondering if GO Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper is a bad combo. Were you using that as well. I got nervous and dumped that too.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I'm wondering if GO Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper is a bad combo. Were you using that as well. I got nervous and dumped that too.
Yep it was after I installed RW that it happened.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #60
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep it was after I installed RW that it happened.
Maybe we need a new survey on Go Launcher EX AND the Rotating Wallpaper app?? I see the present Go Launcher poll shows people are not having problems. Really only Blossom has had a problem and it may have been just coincidental with adding the Rotating Wallpaper app.

Anyway (knock wood) I have both installed and no problems and, apparently so do many others.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote