Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Full battery charge not 100%?

Can others confirm what their battery percentage shows after a full charge? (Settings > Device) Mine has been fully charged for some time (green light) but will not advance beyond "94% battery remaining." Just wondering if I have a faulty battery.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

That sounds more like an Android thing. Android is kind of flaky at times when showing battery charge, at least on my phone and the rooted NookColor I had.
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
mine fully charged
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That sounds more like an Android thing. Android is kind of flaky at times when showing battery charge, at least on my phone and the rooted NookColor I had.
Hmm. None of my Android devices have behaved like this. I'll be curious to see if this is the case with others' Fires.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
mine fully charged
Do you show 100%?
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
On mine, the green light came on at 90% and continues to charge beyond that up to 96% so far, presumably going to 100%.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard

I think it just takes a longer time to charge than other devices, at least in my experience. I unplugged it, did a reboot, powered off, then plugged in and it seemed to like that. It now shows 100%.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is an known issue with Android 2.3 I had hope it wouldn't be on the Fire but the Vox and Coby suffer from it too.

The Coby I sent back had a severe problem with keeping track.

It's just the battery percentage stops reporting correctly and a restart will fix it most of the time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is an known issue with Android 2.3 I had hope it wouldn't be on the Fire but the Vox and Coby suffer from it too.

The Coby I sent back had a severe problem with keeping track.

It's just the battery percentage stops reporting correctly and a restart will fix it most of the time.
Yes, my phone runs Android 2.3.4 and the battery level fluctuates wildly. It can show 90% charged then 10 minutes later show only 50% charged. Then I restart it and it shows 90% charged again. I also notice that it will charge up from say 50% to 90% very quickly then take a very long time to charge the rest of the way to 100%.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I just got mine half an hour ago. I'm going to charge it overnight. I notice with other devices the first charge should be longer than succeeding charges.

That will also bring the meter display to the maximum.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Yes, my phone runs Android 2.3.4 and the battery level fluctuates wildly. It can show 90% charged then 10 minutes later show only 50% charged. Then I restart it and it shows 90% charged again. I also notice that it will charge up from say 50% to 90% very quickly then take a very long time to charge the rest of the way to 100%.
That's what the Coby Tablet did that I sent back. I so hope the Fire does not have that issue. It was like a yo-yo. My phone is 2.2 Android and stable! No problems or issues.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I think when it turns green maybe it's just an "Ok, now you have enough juice to use it." Leave it plugged in and it will charge to 100% though.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote