Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Thinking JB Mini - anyone like them?

Well I noticed today that the JB Mini is $99.95 AUD which makes it very very appealing (especially given it was $149.95 a week or so ago). I don't *really* need another ereader but would like to get another 5" (perfect travelling size IMHO, plus when going camping the replaceable battery option is great).

All my ebooks I have (bar the Kindle ones) are drm-free so format shifting is no big deal. I'm curious what people think overall in using the mini? Is it comfortable to read with for a few hours on end? How is reading a fb2 file on it? (my Astak can read fb2 but is painfully slow at font size changes and loading the file etc). Do you get the option to fully justify the text? I assume it will use rechargeable AAAs? (such as the Sanyo eneloops?)

TIA
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
JR had them for 49 at one time.

I have one on the way, have researched it and like what I see. I had an older jetbook and loved it, but the screen was kind of green and hard to read.

They are just ereaders, not a lot of frills. I also like the battery option for travel.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert