Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
WWilf
WWilf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
e-mails from calibre are blocked

I seem to be unable to e-mail to my Kindle from Calibre. Transfer through USB is OK, and e-mailing to Kindle from elsewhere is fine too. Error message reads as follows:

calibre, version 0.8.3
ERROR: E-mailen van boek mislukt: <b>Mislukt</b>: E-mail Gazet van Antwerpen naar trifora@kindle.com

Starting job: E-mail Gazet van Antwerpen naar trifora@kindle.com
connect: (u'mailhost.acom.be', 25)
connect: (25, u'mailhost.acom.be')

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 50, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 80, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] Kan geen verbinding maken omdat de doelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd

TRANSLATION: CANNOT CONNECT BECAUSE TARGET COMPUTER ACTIVELY REFUSES CONNECTION

Called with args: (u'c:\\users\\admin\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre _0.8.3_tmp_qkkxv3\\calibre_0.8.3_6e4srx.mobi', u'Gazet van Antwerpen - calibre.mobi', u'trifora@kindle.com', u'E-Boek: Gazet van Antwerpen', u'In de bijlage vind je het E-boek\n\nGazet van Antwerpen\n\tdoor calibre\n\nin het MOBI-formaat') {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x098F6238>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x09C590F0>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x09C59130>}

e-mail from calibre to my normal e-mail address comes up with same error.

Any ideas?

WWilf
WWilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Are you sure that the email address you are sending from is unblocked in your kindle account. (The Kindle will refuse emails unless they come from an address you have specified to Amazon on the "Manage My Account" page.)
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The other thing is have you told your security software that Calibre (and calibre-parrallel) is a trusted application? If not many brands of security software block the email ports.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
WWilf

Yes, in Kindle the address is unblocked, I can sent to my device from my normal e-mail address and other adresses I listed earlier without problems. Just from Calibre they are refused.
I believe Calibre is supposed to send e-mails in the name of my own e-mail, but perhaps the systems (my e-mail provider, Amazon, etc) recognise the e-mail as being sent from an unregistered e-mail address?
How do I tell my security software to ignore or accept Calibre e-mails? Don't I need to know under which name or from which address or server Calibre sends its mails?

Thanks!
WWilf
Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error message implies your email server is refusing the connection, the most likely cause of which is that you have the port or encryption settings wrong for that server.

I suggest you setup a free gmail account and use that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
WWilf

I have found he cause of the problem: My security software McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i stopped outgoing mails from calibre as prevention against mass mailing worms. I added calibre.exe to the programs to exclude in McAfee and now the e-mailing works thru GMAIL, not yet thru my regular address but that will be because of that particular e-mail server, still working on that.
Thanks for the help!

WWilf
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
smileynh
smileynh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. Open the virus scan console then click the hiligheted items and add, calibre.exe Don't forget the COMMA , separator.
smileynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
smileynh
smileynh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9804958...in/photostream

Apparently flickr didn't like that.
smileynh is offline   Reply With Quote