File "libprs500\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 464, in download
File "libprs500\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 580, in build_index
IndexError: list index out of range
Log:
Fetching feeds...
0% Fetching feeds...
0% Got feeds from index page
0% Trying to download cover...

Last edited by mazzeltjes; 03-29-2008 at 09:35 AM.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #287
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@mazzeltjes
Both problems are likely due to network errors. Try again in a little bit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #288
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DD
Because of a change in the way options are processed, you can't embed the username and password in a recipe anymore.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #289
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DD
I've implemented a fix for the custom recipes, will be in the next release
Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #290
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@DD
I've implemented a fix for the custom recipes, will be in the next release
Will you be looking at Davec's Google Reader Recipe,Kovid?
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #291
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Open a ticket for it, and I'll get around to it.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #292
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
done
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #293
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@DD
Because of a change in the way options are processed, you can't embed the username and password in a recipe anymore.
OK! But then I would think that the recipe should have prompted for the username and password since I had taken no action to embed them. I merely had entered them the first time I ran the profile cum recipe. It really doesn't bother me that much the question is just academic.
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #294
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's been quite a while since I've used libprs500, and it looks like it's come a long way. It looks beautiful! Anyways, trying to fetch nytimes.com gave me the following error:

Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\docume~1\\admin\\locals~1\\temp\\html2lrf-verbose.html'
Failed to perform job: Fetch news from The New York Times
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "parallel.py", line 139, in run_job
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\feeds\convert_from.pyo", line 55, in main
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1796, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 261, in __init__
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 363, in add_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 337, in preprocess
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\docume~1\\admin\\locals~1\\temp\\html2lrf-verbose.html'
I copied up until the "log" part because it was way too long to post the whole thing here. Same thing seems to have happened when attempting to get CNN.com and Wired.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #295
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah slow and steady progress.

Looks like for some reason the directory
c:\docume~1\admin\locals~1\temp

doesn't exists. Create it and you should be fine.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #296
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Hmmmm, it seems that that folder DOES exist, and it has a "html2lrf-verbose.html" file in it as well (when I opened it, there was a single Wired article).

Now I'm really baffled...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #297
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try running it from the command line

Code:
feeds2lrf Wired.com
then

Code:
feeds2lrf --verbose Wired.com
The second is what the GUI runs and causes the html2lrf-verbose files to be created.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #298
megacoupe
Connoisseur

Before trying out your suggestion, I rebooted my computer and tried the GUI again - and it worked!

Today, however, the GUI failed me with the same error. I don't want to have to reboot my computer every time I want to read the NYT...

Any ways, "feeds2lrf Wired.com" worked just fine and created the lrf file, but once "--verbose" was added, I got lines and lines of something being processed and then:

Code:
Once again, I checked to make sure the directory exists and the html2lrf-verbose.html file had one Wired article in it.

Any ideas what's going on?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #299
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm, that's just weird. At any rate, I've made some changes that should make future versions of libprs500 ignore that error and just keep going, since the html2lrf-verbose file is useful only for debugging anyway. Unfortunately, I am travelling for three weeks (getting married) so I will not be able to release a new version for a while. I'd suggest using the command line till then.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #300
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Congratulations on getting married!
We'll miss your releases here but current one does a good job.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf