Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
fictionaddiction
fictionaddiction began at the beginning.

Device: kobo with wifi
HELP PLEASE! Books missing in kindle content folder!

I want to put all of my kindle purchases in my calibre library but even though I have them all downloaded to my pc app, they are not all in the kindle content folder for me to copy over.

Some of them are there but several are not.
I can read them in the app but they aren't in the content folder.

I have tried removing all the books from the pc app and re-downloading them and the same ones are still not appearing in the content folder.

Any idea why this is and what I can do about it?
fictionaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you can read them, they must be in the content folder - that's the only place the app stores them. Remember that the file names will not be recognisable - they'll be a string of random letters and numbers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Also... all of your ebooks may not have the exact same file extension, so if you're browsing the content folder with an app that's filtering by file extension, you may not be seeing the few oddballs. Such as *.azw4. Make sure you're viewing "All Files (*.*)" and not some filtered subset.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
fictionaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you can read them, they must be in the content folder - that's the only place the app stores them. Remember that the file names will not be recognisable - they'll be a string of random letters and numbers.
Yes I see that they aren't "titled" in a normal way. They look like BOO3ZI....yada yada but there are only about 11 of those in the Kindle content folder and I have around 30 books downloaded to the pc app. Doesn't make sense.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictionaddiction View Post
Yes I see that they aren't "titled" in a normal way. They look like BOO3ZI....yada yada but there are only about 11 of those in the Kindle content folder and I have around 30 books downloaded to the pc app. Doesn't make sense.
If you have Windows you can use this extension to help. It will show the title, author and thumbnail of the mobi books. It doesn't work for topaz books.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are you sure you haven't changed the location of your content folder at some point and you're simply browsing the wrong folder now? Tools->Option->Content will tell you where the current content folder is located.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
fictionaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Also... all of your ebooks may not have the exact same file extension, so if you're browsing the content folder with an app that's filtering by file extension, you may not be seeing the few oddballs. Such as *.azw4. Make sure you're viewing "All Files (*.*)" and not some filtered subset.
I tried not filtering as well as filtering just azw and a couple others with no luck...
Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
fictionaddiction

Well I found them!! Had to Arrange by: Type and they were in the azw pile. Not sure why an azw search filter didn't find them but I have them now!!

Thanks for all your suggestions!