Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
sarabadara
sarabadara began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Smile Changing file names / Book titles and authors

Hi! I'm a first time poster - I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum. I've had my Sony prs-950 for about a month now and I absolutely love it. There are just a few little bugs that drive me crazy - the most irritating of all are the file names of all my e-books.

For the most part, my e-books were not purchased through the Sony E-reader store. Most of them are PDF's from work and other files. For some reason, the titles are all messed or missing completely - is there a way to rename files on the e-reader itself? How about on my computer before uploading the files? Because I have so many documents on my e-reader without any titles, it takes me a very long time to find the actual document I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!
sarabadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi,
and welcome to MR.
Regarding the PDF-Files:
Sony extracts the META-Info of (every e-boook) file and uses this for title and author.
AFAIK there is no way to do anything against this directly on the reader.
So you have to "pre-process" the files on your PC.
Even if there are some free programs to change PDF-Meta-info like here I figured out for myself that most of them are messing up the resulting files, so I stick with Acrobat for this task.

Just checked with calibre: It's doing well.
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've been using BeCyPDFMetaEdit without any adverse effects to the rest of the PDF. You need to use it before transferring the PDF to your reader. It is freeware.

http://www.becyhome.de/becypdfmetaed...iption_eng.htm

Tags
950, document titles, prs-950, prs950, sony