Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
derek80
derek80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 and PRS-300
Canada: Sony 5" Reader Pocket Edition (350) + Cover for $149.99

Futureshop has an online-only "spree" deal going where if 50 people commit to buying the 350 and cover for $149.99 the deal goes active. If less than 50 people commit then the deal is cancelled and the orders don't go through (it's kind of convoluted and better explained on the site). Anyway, I thought this was a great deal for Canadians and they have it for the silver and pink editions (though so far more of the silver have sold). As of now there's about 18 hours left.

Link: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/techspree.aspx

Last edited by derek80; 11-18-2010 at 12:23 PM.
derek80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
I'll pass, dont want to encourage that kind of behavior in retailers
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Dang. As if I don't have enough readers already.

Sony 5" Reader Pocket Edition (350) with Cover.

This is a price spree deal. 26 now purchased, 24 more need to be bought to get the group discount price. One per household.

Sale ends today.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
I think its a great way to sell a product. However, I'm thinking of selling my Touch Edition, since I have found a much better eReader by another company.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Which is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
I think its a great way to sell a product. However, I'm thinking of selling my Touch Edition, since I have found a much better eReader by another company.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Loss Stop
Enthusiast
Loss Stop is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo 1, prs 350
Thanks, just placed order for silver / blue. Wish they wold combine the numbers from the pink and silver versions.
Loss Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Question

So, only 48 units pre-ordered and 50 needed for the deal.
Quote:
If the Spree is on you’ll get a Spree Confirmation Email! Sweet! Your order is confirmed. If the Spree expires without hitting the Spree Limit you’ll get a sad email that breaks the bad news. Your order is cancelled.
Did everyone get their "sad email"?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Loss Stop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
So, only 48 units pre-ordered and 50 needed for the deal.

Did everyone get their "sad email"?
Shame, just two short.

I haven't gotten the "sad email" yet. The order is still showing up as being processed. Let hope they let the deal go through, would be shooting themselves in the foot by turning down 48 sales.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Loss Stop
Enthusiast

Good news.

Quote:
Pink + Blue=Deal for you. Welcome to the Spree!

Good news, everyone! With our combined orders for both Blue and Pink Sony eReaders we broke our Spree limit, so the deal is active! We’re processing orders now and you’ll receive the colour you selected when you joined that TECH Spree. If you’d like to cancel your order at this point, you can do so by going to “My Orders” and cancelling prior to your new eReader shipping.

Your pre-order is now an order and will ship shortly. We’re going to send you another email that will confirm your shipment in the near future. Don’t forget to write a review when you get your Spree item: tell the world how awesome it really is!