Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
Wheezie
Wheezie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650
Red face Hello- I finally quit lurking !

This seems to be a nice bunch of very helpful people. I have been "lurking" for a while. I am not that used to posting in forums, so expect some mistakes.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
Wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezie View Post
This seems to be a nice bunch of very helpful people. I have been "lurking" for a while. I am not that used to posting in forums, so expect some mistakes.
Thank you in advance for your patience.

Welcome, Wheezie. When I saw your 'handle', I thought of the original Little Rascals. Are you old enough to remember Wheezer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobby_Wheezer_Hutchins.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	17209  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Wheezie
Wheezie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome, Wheezie. When I saw your 'handle', I thought of the original Little Rascals. Are you old enough to remember Wheezer?
I am old enough to remember from only the re-runs. But as a kid I used to love it (I'm 45) "Wheezie" is my princess pug. I use the handle for everything.
Wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezie View Post
I am old enough to remember from only the re-runs. But as a kid I used to love it (I'm 45) "Wheezie" is my princess pug. I use the handle for everything.
Okay then. Don't be afraid of making a mistake here. You'll find the people very friendly like. (watch out for the duck, and stay away from the monkey!)
Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Okay then. Don't be afraid of making a mistake here. You'll find the people very friendly like. (watch out for the duck, and stay away from the monkey!)
Don't listen to her, Wheezie. The monkey is good. The monkey is wise. The monkey will lead you to salvation. The monkey swings from the tree of life. The monkey walks hand in hand with the squirrel and the blue one next to the fish.

She's right about the duck though.

(None of this makes sense now, Wheezie, I know. Once you start getting around though, and get to know more people, you'll soon come to see that it still doesn't make any sense. I mean, what's up with desertgrandma's avatar, hey? Pretty strange if you ask me.)

Welcome. (<----note, this is the only bit in my post that adds any meaningful content to the conversation. )

Cheers,
Your harmless little interfenestral monkey, Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
It's the squirrels you have to watch out for.

But once in awhile, if you're lucky, you'll get to see a thingularity or two!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Don't listen to her, Wheezie. The monkey is good. The monkey is wise. The monkey will lead you to salvation. The monkey swings from the tree of life. The monkey walks hand in hand with the squirrel and the blue one next to the fish. The Monkey is full of crop, unless he's flinging it at someone......

She's right about the duck though.

(None of this makes sense now, Wheezie, I know. Once you start getting around though, and get to know more people, you'll soon come to see that it still doesn't make any sense. I mean, what's up with desertgrandma's avatar, hey? Pretty strange if you ask me.)

Welcome. (<----note, this is the only bit in my post that adds any meaningful content to the conversation. )

Cheers,
Your harmless little interfenestral monkey, Marc
As you can see, we have a variety of animals on this site. The monkeys especially are disruptive and love to instigate trouble.

I think my avatar is rather elegant, don't you? Its a self portrait. I think do rather well with only 1 1/2 fingers.........remember, avoid the duck!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Quote:
As you can see, we have a variety of animals on this site. The monkeys especially are disruptive and love to instigate trouble.

I think my avatar is rather elegant, don't you? Its a self portrait. I think do rather well with only 1 1/2 fingers.........remember, avoid the duck!
This coming from the Krazy Kat! Wheezie You just stick with me and things will be ok!. Welcome and dont listen to a thing that certain Kats may say. And for the Record I do not Fling anything!! And Apparently me and the Duck are not on speaking terms. She has been very quite lately something about a banana vs. a cracker. Well maybe she will come back around.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
This coming from the Krazy Kat! Wheezie You just stick with me and things will be ok!. Welcome and dont listen to a thing that certain Kats may say. And for the Record I do not Fling anything!! And Apparently me and the Duck are not on speaking terms. She has been very quite lately something about a banana vs. a cracker. Well maybe she will come back around.

JJ
aw jeez, another monkey heard from. Well, this one isn't as bad as the other. He doesn't speak in tongues, and rarely posts, so you don't have to worry too much......however, he has been known to blame others (duck) for his doings. As for the infernal monkey, (thats what I call him)...........well, just beware!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Pugs are great!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Wheezie and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote