Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
HD+ 2.0.6 Update

My Nook HD+ updated itself last night to version 2.0.6 and actually stayed rooted!

Has anybody experienced any of the "minor system enhancements" yet? The B&N web site doesn't give any details.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Mine updated and I lost root. I just inserted my root SD card though and reran only the root zip. After re-rooting everything was fine. Everything was as I'd left it, it just reapplied root.

I have no idea what fixes or new features may've been added other than I've noticed that the text in the native reader looks much clearer/sharper now.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Mine kept it's root.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The stock Reader app is able to handle my PDFs now. No more freezing or blank pages. It's crashed a couple times when turning it to landscape view though. Check here for a discussion on the new features.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
I have no idea what fixes or new features may've been added other than I've noticed that the text in the native reader looks much clearer/sharper now.
OK, I've found out about some of the other new features. In addition to the improved font imaging:

- Option to leave status bar on while using reader
- reader navigation bar at the bottom of the screen now shows pages remaining in chapter the way the NT did (I love this one). Also, this seems to work properly with nested TOCs where it never did with the NT.

I'm not sure what other features & fixes may've been added but I'll keep an ear out.

- Byron
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
kevinp
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
- reader navigation bar at the bottom of the screen now shows pages remaining in chapter the way the NT did (I love this one). Also, this seems to work properly with nested TOCs where it never did with the NT.
- Byron
Does this only work with B&N bought books? I've tried with two different sideloaded ebooks. I've checked the box to show the statusbar, but all I get is page number out of total pages at the bottom. My ebooks do have proper table of contents. Is there something else they need?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
Does this only work with B&N bought books? I've tried with two different sideloaded ebooks. I've checked the box to show the statusbar, but all I get is page number out of total pages at the bottom. My ebooks do have proper table of contents. Is there something else they need?
As far as I know, it should work with any ebook, side-loaded or not. I tweak all of my purchased epubs to suit myself so every ebook I read is side-loaded and they all show the pages remaining in chapter.

I'll attach a screenshot so you can see it in action. You'll notice it at the bottom, right of the navigation bar just about the "Jump to Page" option.

- Byron

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
kevinp
Fanatic

OK, I do get that on mine, but it doesn't stay up while I'm reading. I have to tap the center of the screen to bring it up. I was thinking it was more like my old Kindle 3 where it showed a bunch of dots all the way across the bottom to represent the chapters and had a highlighted dot to show where you were in the book.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
OK, I do get that on mine, but it doesn't stay up while I'm reading. I have to tap the center of the screen to bring it up. I was thinking it was more like my old Kindle 3 where it showed a bunch of dots all the way across the bottom to represent the chapters and had a highlighted dot to show where you were in the book.
Yeah, two different bars. I'd said that there was now an option to leave the status bar on while using reader. Thats the top bar with the time and notifications. The bottom bar is the reader navigation bar that shows page number and lets you move around. It still only comes up when you call it by pressing the middle of the screen, as it should. I definitely wouldn't want that big ol' thing open all the time taking up all that valuable screen real-estate. That's just me, of course.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to help clear it up for you.

- Byron