Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #16
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
1) Connect your Kindle to your computer via the usb cable
2) When the window showing the folders on the Kindle opens, make a folder called "pictures" in the root of Kindle drive or SD card.
2) Make a folder inside this folder (this could be called "Family" for example - this will become a "book" on your Kindle
3) put your pictures inside this second folder. Supported formats are jpg, png, gif.
4) Disconnect your Kindle from the USB cord and in Home screen press Alt-Z. A new "book" (matching the name of your second folder) should appear. Open it to view your pictures. When you see a picture you like, press alt-shift-0 and then F which will make the picture your screensaver and make it full.
Your current screensavers that came with Kindle will no longer show, until you remove the "pictures" folder and sub folder.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #17
EAC050766
EAC050766 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Photo Albums, not screen savers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
It looks better on a Kindle. It is an orange DayLilly from our front yard. I'll find a more appropriate artsy image eventually, but I like this one for now.

Do you know how I can add photos of family members to my Kindle, but not as a screen saver, just albums?
EAC050766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #18
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
I know you can copy them into the screensavers folder as if they are screen savers. They can then be browsed through.

I am not sure how color JPGs will look as the Kindle does 4 level grayscale.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAC050766 View Post
Do you know how I can add photos of family members to my Kindle, but not as a screen saver, just albums?
Yes. Read the post above yours and don't complete step 4.

From Leep"s post:

Quote:
1) Connect your Kindle to your computer via the usb cable
2) When the window showing the folders on the Kindle opens, make a folder called "pictures" in the root of Kindle drive or SD card.
2) Make a folder inside this folder (this could be called "Family" for example - this will become a "book" on your Kindle
3) put your pictures inside this second folder. Supported formats are jpg, png, gif.
4) Disconnect your Kindle from the USB cord and in Home screen press Alt-Z. A new "book" (matching the name of your second folder) should appear. Open it to view your pictures. When you see a picture you like, press alt-shift-0 and then F which will make the picture your screensaver and make it full.
Your current screensavers that came with Kindle will no longer show, until you remove the "pictures" folder and sub folder.
Or you can use MobiPocket Creator to make a photo album book. when installing, choose "Publisher Edition" (it will come in handy for future use).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!