Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
At Six Years Old ...

Me at that age. Anyone else willing to submit an image of themselves at the tender age of six??

And, yes .. there is a story about my two front teeth and how they went bye bye ... but it's on the graphic side, so I would rather leave it untold for now.

The shirt was pink corderoy and the picture was taken sometime before my face got scarred (with what my family called my "Austrian Dueling Scar") and long before that mole on my neck went malignant.

Behold the young Armadillo!!

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 07-06-2008 at 05:10 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i don't have any photos of me at 6 years old. how about 2 photos at 3 years old ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i don't have any photos of me at 6 years old. how about 2 photos at 3 years old ?
Yeah. Show us! Show us!

I don't even know if they made pictures when I was six but will look for some anyhow.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

all right then. but i must warn you, y'all are going to be soooo jealous of my stylie headband.

here we go. 2 photos at (i think) approximately 3 years, for a total of 6 years old.

slayda, waiting for yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3ans.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	14115   Click image for larger version

Name:	3ans2.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	14116  

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-06-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I am not sure how old I am in this picture, but I will say I am 1 1/2 so the images add up to 6. So here I am immortalized by Andy Warhol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	14118  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

i'm pretty sure 9 x 1.5 is actually 13.5, but that's an awesome portrait anyway. and you know we've all been dying to see the face behind the records...
Old 07-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
i'm pretty sure 9 x 1.5 is actually 13.5, but that's an awesome portrait anyway. and you know we've all been dying to see the face behind the records...
Your right, I was not very good at math when I was 1 1/2 years old.

By the way, Andy made a portrait of you also. Might make a good avatar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	warholizer7801564.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	14120  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

oh THANK YOU !!! i adore it !!! it will make a stellar avatar. in fact i think it might just make a stellar avatar right after the one i'm using now.

i would love it if you would add it to the avatar thread.

you know, for posterity.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
all right then. but i must warn you, y'all are going to be soooo jealous of my stylie headband.

here we go. 2 photos at (i think) approximately 3 years, for a total of 6 years old.

slayda, waiting for yours.
Now, that's just plain CUTE!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

Just for the hell of it ... post the original photo too. Purdy pleeeze??
Old 07-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Well, in spite of what I said, I know my mother had some school pictures when she passed but being just a man, I don't know where they are. Will post as soon as I find them. Of course they will not compare on the "cute" scale with those already posted.

ZP even as a child you were royal, otherwise how'd you get ice cream?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

even back then i got invited to all the good parties (where the ice cream was), because everybody knew i'd set the night (/ afternoon...) on fire.

you just keep looking slayda, even a man has to have a childhood photo somewhere.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-06-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: oops. only one "y" in slayda.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Okay, according to the helpful note Mom wrote on the back of the photo, this is 3 year old me before a haircut. I don't remember the haircut, but I do remember that dress. I loved that dress. Some of the fabric ended up in a quilt my grandma made.

Dreamer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YoungDreamer.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	14123  
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

aw !

now you have to post the photo *after* the haircut.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Okay, according to the helpful note Mom wrote on the back of the photo, this is 3 year old me before a haircut. I don't remember the haircut, but I do remember that dress. I loved that dress. Some of the fabric ended up in a quilt my grandma made.

Dreamer
Funny how we remember our favorite clothing. I have exactly zero photos of my favorite shirt (from the photo), but I know it was pink. And, since I didn't generally like pink, I have no idea why it was a favorite, but it was.

And ... well, the girls are proving to be a photogenic bunch.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment