Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
standman
Enthusiast
standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire, HTC Evo
Thumbs up Amazon Kindle Fire Screen Protector

Sold my Touchpad and grabbed a kindle fire from wallyworld. My local library is starting to check out digital books so I thought I would grab one. I installed a amazon kindle fire screen protector from XO Skins just a few minutes ago. I use them on everything I have with a screen. No orange peel and they are way strong.

Here's their video if you haven't seen them before
http://youtu.be/qoMRO4OiXw4

Last edited by standman; 11-24-2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Tried to embed..
standman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Sold my Touchpad and grabbed a kindle fire from wallyworld. My local library is starting to check out digital books so I thought I would grab one. I installed a amazon kindle fire screen protector just a few minutes ago. I use them on everything I have with a screen. No orange peel and they are way strong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qoMRO4OiXw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I ordered a similar screen protector that uses that method. It was a little over $7 with shipping and lifetime replacements.

I'll let you know when I get it if works or not.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
standman
Enthusiast
standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.standman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That price is good. A lot of the cheaper ones I have tried have orange peel and I HATE that.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That price is good. A lot of the cheaper ones I have tried have orange peel and I HATE that.
Me too! The one I got on it now has the problem which is why I ordered the other one.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
standman
Enthusiast

What one are you using now?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What one are you using now?
This one. It's cheap and too big plus the reviews except the negative ones are false. However the case is nice but I paid $6.99+shipping for both. I wouldn't pay the price raise they gave it today.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #7
standman
Enthusiast

That leather case is nice. I just may snag one and use it with the xoskin.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That leather case is nice. I just may snag one and use it with the xoskin.
It's all right for $10. If you baby your stuff it will probably last awhile. The spine is soft so if you like to bend the cover back it's made for it. I wouldn't call it durable but it is nice for the price I paid for it. It really lightweight which is a plus.

I am shock to see them selling it at $14.95 when I paid $6.99 and on their site the price hasn't change.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Sold my Touchpad and grabbed a kindle fire from wallyworld. My local library is starting to check out digital books so I thought I would grab one. I installed a amazon kindle fire screen protector from XO Skins just a few minutes ago. I use them on everything I have with a screen. No orange peel and they are way strong.

Here's their video if you haven't seen them before

Cool. Thanks. I was waiting on XO Skins to make a screen protector for the Fire. I knew it was just a matter of time. I have XO Skins on my other tablets and I really like them. Not just for the screen protection, but more importantly they really cut down on screen fingerprints. A little pricey but well worth it. Thanks again for letting us know they are available.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Do the XO skins help with the glare?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I'm not worried about scratches with the Gorilla Glass, but a screen protector that reduced glare and smudge would be really nice. I've used screen protectors with other devices, and I've had good ones and bad ones, and some that made screens much less readable. It's hit-or-miss from my experience.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
I tried a screen protector on my phone once. I could never fully smooth out bubbles. I would also be concerned about reducing screen sensitivity for touching or my stylus.

Reducing smudges would be nice. Right now I just clean it with 50% alcohol and a paper towel regularly. I wonder if there is something you can put on your fingertip, so you're not getting oil on the screen?
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I've never used screen protectors. Instead I use Pixel Cleaner's Wet and Dry packs for all LCD Screens and all my gadget screens.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Unlike some screen protectors, XO Skins are applied wet. The key to a good install is to apply enough solution on the screen protector and your hands. You squeegee out any bubbles and then you let the screen protector set for 24 hours. There may be some micro bubbles after the install, but they will disappear within 24-48 hours. Most of these screen protectors will cut down on glare, but will not eliminate it.

I have XO skins on two of my tablets and an Xtreme screen protector on another. I like them both and while they do not completely eliminate fingerprints, it cuts them down significantly and they are much less noticeable. In fact, I used to clean my tablet screen practically every day when using them without a screen protector, but I found that I do it much less frequently with a screen protector (usually once a week or more).

Xtreme screen protectors work just as well as XO skins, but is priced a lot less. Like the XO Skins, Xtreme are applied wet. You have to make your own solution with a small bowl of water and a couple of drops of soap. Only use enough soap so the water feels slippery but is not soapy.

I ordered one for my gTab from Amazon and it shipped free and only took about 3 days to arrive. Xtreme is a pretty good company. I was waiting for them to offer a screen protector on Amazon and I found out today that now they do. In fact, I just ordered an Xtreme screen protector on the Amazon site for my son's Kindle Fire.

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeGUARD%C2...2160523&sr=8-3

In case you want to see what others have said about Xtreme, both good and bad, check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeGUARD%C2...owViewpoints=1

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-24-2011 at 02:46 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #15
standman
Enthusiast

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qoMRO4OiXw4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qoMRO4OiXw4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMRO4OiXw4

Watch the video to see what I mean about Orange Peel and especially fingerprints. XO is the best you can get for sure.

It cuts on glare compared to others but not as much as like an anti glare. The problem with those is they rainbow in direct sunlight which kind of defeats the purpose of having one.

Last edited by standman; 11-25-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Tags
fire screen protector