Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #61
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I would like to save my annotations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthesane View Post
Well, yeah. Just open library, go to books, drop down menu to storage, go to the directory on your sdcard with your books, and add them to the library. it doesn't overwrite anything
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #62
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
still wondering if the new framework jar is possibly responsible for /mnt/sdcard showing up as usb mass storage instead of /mnt/extcard? (or if it's just another damnfool thing I've done to myself)

anyone else who's installed allmine, could you please report?

thank you!
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #63
bobthesane
bobthesane began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I would like to save my annotations
aaaaah, okay. That I am none too sure of, I haven't annotated any of my books
bobthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #64
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Question

Can someone address the jumpy touchpad issue I mentioned waaaaay back on page one? Is it still faster than it needs to be?

Also, could the OP (or someone else) put together a step-by-step "dummies' guide" to getting Allmine installed, configured, tweaked, etc? I'd like to think I'm man (cough*geek*cough) enough to do it myself based on what I've read over the last few pages, but... well, I'm not as young and fearless as I used to be.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #65
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I ended up fixing the issue by manually exchanging internal and external memory according to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124

and then copying the fridge directory from the backup file and replacing the fridge directory in the pocket edge using root explorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthesane View Post
aaaaah, okay. That I am none too sure of, I haven't annotated any of my books
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #66
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
still wondering if the new framework jar is possibly responsible for /mnt/sdcard showing up as usb mass storage instead of /mnt/extcard? (or if it's just another damnfool thing I've done to myself)

anyone else who's installed allmine, could you please report?

thank you!
So here is mount output on mine freshly installed allmine with external sdcard inserted:

/dev/block/vold/7:0 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0 000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8 859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/7:0 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0 000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8 859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/extsdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,cod epage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

Red is missing when the card is ejected. On the other PE which is plain ermine 0.9 it is the same
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #67
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

thanks vldmr - sorry, I guess I was unclear... what I meant was: when you plug the PE into usb of your desktop or laptop, and then do "turn on usb storage" - which volume is it that shows up on your computer? - for me, it used to be the microSD card, but after allmine, instead it's the internal "sdcard" storage.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #68
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
thanks vldmr - sorry, I guess I was unclear... what I meant was: when you plug the PE into usb of your desktop or laptop, and then do "turn on usb storage" - which volume is it that shows up on your computer? - for me, it used to be the microSD card, but after allmine, instead it's the internal "sdcard" storage.

On both PE's i tried, one with allmine, one with ermine-0.9, it is always internal sdcard, not extsdcard.

Maybe that depends on "Data storage device" option - on both of those it is set "Internal storage".
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #69
Surveyah
Surveyah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
minor upgrade issues

@ktwombley..

Thanks so much for posting the fix for marketplace....i was wondering when there would be a workaround for that. I installed both files (i already had Ermine on this), and it seemed to reboot ok.

I do have some minor issues (some have reported already):

1) touchpad is super sensitive and is basically useless.

2) I used to get YouTube ok with the YouTube app, now it hangs when loading videos (as do some Others).

3) rebooting takes forever

Those are the 3 major things that i detected so far but not super critical, but if there is a fix I would like to know it.
Surveyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #70
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
Factory reset was bad idea. First it went into edge startup wizard that did not get stuck trying to connect to entourage web site, and did not require four point touch gesture as was in original. I quess that comes from ermine.

But after finishing ermine wizard it went into adnroid setup wizard and now it is stuck there forever with "Welcome to edgejr" and image of green droid asking me to touch it to begin. Touching it does not produce any result. USB debugging does not work any more. Running update for ermine from usb does not work.

Looks like I will have to get to serial port
I've been there too. Use Golden update (step 1) got it fixed.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #71
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
I've install all the updates without any issue. The only issue is cannot connect to Google account server when I sign in. Only YouTube works. Please help! (I did install Dingo, Ermine and Allmine+ Gapps)
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #72
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

Quote:
On both PE's i tried, one with allmine, one with ermine-0.9, it is always internal sdcard, not extsdcard.

Maybe that depends on "Data storage device" option - on both of those it is set "Internal storage".
thank you again, vldmr. I felt certain that the default was to provide the extsdcard, but now more and more I wonder if that was ever true - I honestly cannot remember ha ha.

the "Data storage device" device option I have always left well alone, in the previous incarnation of my PE as well as the new allmine era - given the unusual internal memory setup, it always scared me to try that option, ha.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #73
tarvoke
Dog Dentist

people seem to keep missing this (or just too lazy to read every comment) so please note what vldmr has written -- that all of the following can be fixed with one small change to build.prop:

- keyboard
- trackpad
- camera

I can confirm that it's all back to normal for me.

Quote:
OK, after fresh install of allmine i changed just single line in build.props, that returned PE to normal state (keyboard, trackpad, camera). So it seems all that it cares about is to have this:

ro.product.device=edgejr

The rest is mahimahi.

Oh, I actually also commented out this:

#ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a

I believe I've read somewhere before that cpu on edge is older version of arm (v5). Not sure that would needed, but might help applications install correct versions of libraries
ktwombley you might consider putting this change into build.prop of your download please? save some confusion from some of the users...
Old 10-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #74
jfgirl
jfgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
HI

I am new at this and have limited computer experience. I think I followed the directions correctly, but it still wont let me get on the Andriod Market. It keeps telling me that "There are no Android phones associated with this account" I started from step 11. Thanks
jfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #75
jfgirl
jfgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
NEVER MIND!!!! I'm an idiot!!!!! I tried going through the web instead of the app. SO SORRY!!! It works including the library. Thanks sooooo much!!! Good job!!!!
jfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote