Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #1
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW 3
Is it worth getting the cover for the Onyx Boox Note?

Hello,

I will soon be ordering a Note, and am wondering whether it is worth buying the cover (I will buy the screen protector).

I don't like to use covers on most of my devices (my iPad mini, Nexus 5X, and Kobo are all coverless), and the reviews on Amazon of the Note's cover are hardly glowing.

However, it is a very expensive device; furthermore, as I'll be shipping it all the way to New Zealand, I'd rather pay for shipping only once (rather than ordering a cover later).

So, I have two related questions:
  1. Is a cover necessary at all?
  2. Should I buy the official cover, or are there better third-party options?

Many thanks for your help with this.
wherahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
mlang
mlang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherahiko View Post
Hello,

I will soon be ordering a Note, and am wondering whether it is worth buying the cover (I will buy the screen protector).

I don't like to use covers on most of my devices (my iPad mini, Nexus 5X, and Kobo are all coverless), and the reviews on Amazon of the Note's cover are hardly glowing.

However, it is a very expensive device; furthermore, as I'll be shipping it all the way to New Zealand, I'd rather pay for shipping only once (rather than ordering a cover later).

So, I have two related questions:
  1. Is a cover necessary at all?
  2. Should I buy the official cover, or are there better third-party options?

Many thanks for your help with this.
I think you need one if you plan to carry the device around. The screen is fragile and it is hard to put the screen protector on. I dont use screen protector on mine.
The cover fit perfectly and has features to turn screen on and off. The only downside is the pen holder. It breaks easily.
mlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW 3
Thanks, mlang–this is helpful. In that case, I think I will get the cover. Do you find there are issues with scratches when not using the screen protector?
wherahiko is offline   Reply With Quote