Old 04-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
xzkin
xzkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Unhappy Footnote problem with Epub conversion from InDesign

Hi everyone,

Anyone encountered this problem?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7mt951ma4...-3917.png?dl=0

I tried everything but still the footnote popup is acting weird.

Thank you.

By the way, the way it was converted via InDesign epub v2. and converted to mobi using kindle previewer. I also tried using calibre but still getting the same result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3917.png
Views:	347
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	163275  

Last edited by xzkin; 04-06-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot to add some details
xzkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
What do you find weird about it?
What did you expect to see instead of that?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't convert to Mobi. It's obsolete. Convert to KF8 or KFX.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
xzkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
What do you find weird about it?
What did you expect to see instead of that?
There is an indent on the first line. While reading some on kindle paperwhite does not have this and they are left aligned. What do you think affects the spacing?

This is the sample of footnote taken from other ebooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3918.png
Views:	350
Size:	779.2 KB
ID:	163283  
Old 04-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
xzkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't convert to Mobi. It's obsolete. Convert to KF8 or KFX.
Thank you. What software do you use for conversion? I used kindle previewer and converts it to mobi. I also use calibre for mobi and azw3.
Advert
Old 04-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Kindle previewer is fine. Just because it has a mobi extension does not necessarily mean it is a mobi format. The Kindle previewer output file is actually 2 file formats, one mobi and one kf8. It is quite a bit bigger that it would need to be but the reader selects the one it wants to use. It is possible to split the file into two separate ones if you wish to trim the size.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
xzkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Kindle previewer is fine. Just because it has a mobi extension does not necessarily mean it is a mobi format. The Kindle previewer output file is actually 2 file formats, one mobi and one kf8. It is quite a bit bigger that it would need to be but the reader selects the one it wants to use. It is possible to split the file into two separate ones if you wish to trim the size.

Dale
Thank you. Yes, I always use kindle previewer as Calibre strips the kf8 version I mean not strip but don't include it and the borders gone missing. I corrected the issue already. It is because of the formatting from the InDesign stylesheet caused the problem. I deleted the stylesheet and created a new one using sigil. I cleaned up all the formatting came from InDesign epub conversion.