Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #76
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
Ugh... I finally did it. After a lot of editing, re-editing, sitting on it, and letting what I wanted fully mature instead of jumping the gun, I finally sat down... and cut down the Prologue from 9 pages to 3. Basically, it's Laura, the grave, the dream, a quick mention of the photo of her dad and his friends, and a quick glimpse at the red-rings in the sky and a mention that all clues to the forgotten day they appeared pointed toward her father. Everything else will be saved for Book 6 of the series. It hurt a little less knowing all that would come back in the that installment of the series.
Want me to proofread the Prologue for you since I started you on this new journey?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #77
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Want me to proofread the Prologue for you since I started you on this new journey?
Just warning you now (relating to your earlier criticism,) it is still a Prologue for a longer series, so it's still Laura, and Lance is still dead, nearly 40 years after the story begins. Now, this is the part where I could tell you where I am going with the Prologue and what points/conclusions/emotions I want you to come to/experience, but I won't. I'd rather see what YOU, as the reader, experience. Because that's much more interesting.
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #78
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
Just warning you now (relating to your earlier criticism,) it is still a Prologue for a longer series, so it's still Laura, and Lance is still dead, nearly 40 years after the story begins. Now, this is the part where I could tell you where I am going with the Prologue and what points/conclusions/emotions I want you to come to/experience, but I won't. I'd rather see what YOU, as the reader, experience. Because that's much more interesting.
Message me for my email address. I will try to be kind.
I just want to make sure it isn't awkward.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #79
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, after over a year since publishing many attempts, much hair pulled out, learning a lot from pdf’s, and begging my supervisor for a raise while agreeing to also work a shit-ton of overtime, I’ve finally gotten to a point where I can take your guys’ advice. I hired a professional editor for The Savior Libra.

(Didn’t want a whole new thread to say this, when I knew a relevant thread already existed. Sorry if I violated an anti-thread-revival rule.)
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #80
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I think it's very appropriate to revive this thread for the update. And that's very good news, I hope it all goes really well for you.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #81
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

Me too, and thank you for the goodwill. I can't wait to get back to marketing, and until then, I'm going to enjoy all the extra time to work on the sequel and my other projects.