Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #31
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
Carmelreader, I understand what you mean about the smell factor. I had ordered a sleeve for my Oasis 8th generation, and I ended up throwing it away because it smelled bad.

For some reason the smell of a dead tree book is pleasing, but the smell of a neoprene cover or chemical smell from a case is objectionable. ��
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #32
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i actually prefer just a back cover to make it lighter to hold in one hand. given that there aren't any "just the back" covers to be found, i bought a $12 fintie case from amazon and sliced off the front cover with a razor (very clean cut and does not look like a hack job at all). it's much easier to hold in one hand this way. for transport and storage, i keep it in a zippered case (a sleeve would do just as well). and of course this means that i'm abandoning the auto sleep feature.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #33
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
This one supports the sleep/wake feature. It’s also very comfortable to hold, not too heavy and the sides are nice and rounded, not sharp or cold.

There are two versions of each color; one for the new 10th generation or 9th generation Oasis and one for the 9th generation only. I am very happy with this case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have ordered one and received it. It's a nice product, indeed.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #34
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
I have ordered one and received it. It's a nice product, indeed.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Does the front of this case stay closed (with magnet) or does it flop open?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #35
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Magnets.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #36
Alborghetti
Alborghetti doesn't litterAlborghetti doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 1 and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
... meaning I could quickly pull off the entire cover when I was reading.
I second that! I was so sad to see this kind of cover go. For me it matched the device's design perfectly. When I read I take the cover off, and the device gets assymetrical and unbalanced (which is good for reading) and when I'm finished I put the cover back and it becomes symmetrical and well ballanced again. With the new covers, the device always has that bump in the back...
Alborghetti is offline   Reply With Quote