Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:48 AM   #76
Llanars
Llanars began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I also bricked my Glo HD i can't do a factory restore. Can someone send me the .img please? Thank you.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But, I'm always curious, but rarely ask.

What were you doing when you bricked it? And what did you do when trying a factory reset?
Advert
Old 01-25-2016, 05:33 AM   #78
Llanars

Thanks a lot David. I'll tell if it worked. I just put some books on it and when I unplugged it it started on a reboot loop and I couldn't do a factory reset.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #79
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanars View Post
Thanks a lot David. I'll tell if it worked. I just put some books on it and when I unplugged it it started on a reboot loop and I couldn't do a factory reset.
OK, a reboot loop is different to bricking. And if it was rebooting at the right place, after the fourth time, it would have prompted you to do a factory reset.

That also tells me you probably did the factory reset wrong. It might have been an issue with the timing, but I would be very surprised that if the device was in a boot loop, a factory reset wouldn't work. The instructions are here.. If you follow them, it should work.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #80
Llanars

I've tried it but the problem is that I can't turn it off. It turns on, but I can't do anything, and a few seconds later it reboots automatically and it begins again.
Advert
Old 01-25-2016, 06:23 AM   #81
Llanars

David THANKS A LOT!! With the image you gave me it turned on and i can use it again. I thought I would have to buy a new one. You made my day. Thank you =D
Old 01-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've tried it but the problem is that I can't turn it off. It turns on, but I can't do anything, and a few seconds later it reboots automatically and it begins again.
Are you saying that when you held the power button down for 20 seconds, it didn't turn off? If so, that is extremely unusual.

Quote:
David THANKS A LOT!! With the image you gave me it turned on and i can use it again. I thought I would have to buy a new one. You made my day. Thank you =D
Good that it is working.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #83
Llanars

Yes it didn't turn off.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #84
DaveClouding
DaveClouding began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Hello, sorry for bugging you with an old issue, but I bricked my Kbo Glo HD and need the sd card image. Thanks in advance for your help! Dave
Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #85
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 AM   #86
DaveClouding
DaveClouding began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks a lot David for your precious and quick support!

Regards

Dave
Old 02-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #87
fly2cloud
fly2cloud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hallo,

my glo hd stoped when booting. can please someone share his image for me. I want to try a new card, new image.

best regards Wieland
Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the other post. Please choose one place to post and then give us a chance to respond.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #89
Libron
Libron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5, Kobo Glo HD
I'd like to make a backup SD card for my Kobo Glo HD. Could someone, please, send me an image.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread