Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You will be happy to know it is coming.
You're right! I don't know what I was looking at, or if I was distracted at the time because I was sure I'd pressed the options button to the right of a book in library view ... but the "add to shelf" option is there. That's fantastic (and makes me as a KTouch user really look forward to the 2.1.4 firmware rollout.) You can also add a book to a particular shelf when you're in the book if you select the wrench in the lower right menu.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
You're right! I don't know what I was looking at, or if I was distracted at the time because I was sure I'd pressed the options button to the right of a book in library view ... but the "add to shelf" option is there. That's fantastic (and makes me as a KTouch user really look forward to the 2.1.4 firmware rollout.) You can also add a book to a particular shelf when you're in the book if you select the wrench in the lower right menu.
Don't worry about that. I've been testing the 2.1.4 betas and have done a lot of factory resets lately. The first time I do when I read a book after the reset is to open that menu and go into the "Reader settings". I hadn't noticed the "Add to Shelf" option was there as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
darrenw218
darrenw218 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
Many thanks for your feedback everyone; much appreciated. The Mini is definitely on my 'wanted' list now
darrenw218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
digidon
digidon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I bought one after a long search for a PRS-350 for a reasonable price AND reasonable condition ended with nothing.

I like it, tiny, but with a big enough bezel to actually hold it (gripe on my prs-T1 I just gave to my wife), light enough to hold with 2 fingers (unlike prs-300).

No downsides I care about.

Just need a slip cover now, wish they just included one...
digidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by digidon View Post
I bought one after a long search for a PRS-350 for a reasonable price AND reasonable condition ended with nothing.

I like it, tiny, but with a big enough bezel to actually hold it (gripe on my prs-T1 I just gave to my wife), light enough to hold with 2 fingers (unlike prs-300).

No downsides I care about.

Just need a slip cover now, wish they just included one...
As few of us had a bit of a discussion about the covers in the "other" mini thread. It appears that there are some 5.2" GPS covers that could work. Between mycurlylocks and me, we've ordered 4 different $5 ones and will report back on suitability when they arrive...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=193840&page=2
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #21
digidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
As few of us had a bit of a discussion about the covers in the "other" mini thread. It appears that there are some 5.2" GPS covers that could work. Between mycurlylocks and me, we've ordered 4 different $5 ones and will report back on suitability when they arrive...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=193840&page=2
I will check that for sure, thanks!

I just don't get why they don't come with the neoprene slips like Sony used to include. I had a 505, 600 and 300 and they all came with covers that were peanuts for Sony to include and were all i ever wanted. Finding them 3rd party means getting one made for something else and it always seeming to be not quite right. Heck I would even pay an extra $5 for one which is a 20000% profit for what they likely pay for them.

Still love it though, 2 big improvements over my sony's, changing the weight of the font and BOOK SUMMARY'S, how can Sony still not allow for this?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I will check that for sure, thanks!

I just don't get why they don't come with the neoprene slips like Sony used to include. I had a 505, 600 and 300 and they all came with covers that were peanuts for Sony to include and were all i ever wanted. Finding them 3rd party means getting one made for something else and it always seeming to be not quite right. Heck I would even pay an extra $5 for one which is a 20000% profit for what they likely pay for them.

Still love it though, 2 big improvements over my sony's, changing the weight of the font and BOOK SUMMARY'S, how can Sony still not allow for this?
Can you get the book summary with Kobo 2.0.5? I'll check my Touch (and my Mini next week )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
digidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Can you get the book summary with Kobo 2.0.5? I'll check my Touch (and my Mini next week )
I am running the latest update and its got summarys for all my sideloaded epubs.

I never understood why they didn't work on my Sony's, figured they knew something I didn't, but the Kobo has them all right there, awesome! I often end up with a bunch of books I have never heard of and need the summary to know which to read, having to google search what it's about seems silly...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I am running the latest update and its got summarys for all my sideloaded epubs.

I never understood why they didn't work on my Sony's, figured they knew something I didn't, but the Kobo has them all right there, awesome! I often end up with a bunch of books I have never heard of and need the summary to know which to read, having to google search what it's about seems silly...
Well, I can't explain you but it doesn't makes anything good (it's called lack of software ). I covered this creating a jacket and including it in my toc. Anyway, I think this is better.... if it keeps the format (I include <i> and <b>).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #25
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Just started using my Mini this past weekend and must say I'm totally in love with it.
The only thing I regret is that I do find the screen dark sometimes and I really wish
there was a mini glow I could purchase because I love the size of the mini, but I really
need a night lamp.

Can anyone explain to me how to change the books on your home screen?
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
The five books on your home screen are either a) the five books you last looked at (if you read a book completely it is removed from the home screen) b) the five books you last loaded on the device or c) some combination of the two.

If you open up a new book from your library it should replace one of the ones (the biggest) on your home screen. The other books will shuffle through the list, with the smallest one being replaced by the 4th book, etc.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quick - the Mini is on Sale this coming 3-day weekend for $50! Available from Powells and others.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thanks ottdmt, but are books from overdrive included? I have been reading two titles from overdrive but only one appears on mybhomescreen. I don't know why the other three are there because I've never opened them.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Yes, books from overdrive should be included. The other three may be there because of the order you loaded the books onto the Mini (as I mentioned in b & c.) But if you've been reading both Overdrive books at once, both should show up on your home screen.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #30
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Question

Quote:

I never understood why they didn't work on my Sony's, figured they knew something I didn't, but the Kobo has them all right there, awesome!
This does sound awesome. We have a new mini in the household and I don't see where these summaries are located, or accessed - where/how did you view them?

Firmware is 2.3.1, I think. Does anyone else use this feature?
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote