Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #1
lagatha
lagatha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reader
Create Virtual Library with a sort?

Can I add a sort to an expression for a Virtual Library? If yes, what would the syntax be?

I tried this below which is wrong and does not work but code example of what I'm trying to do:

(series:"=Forbidden Bookshelf") and {series asc}

I have been searching the forums and documentation for an example, but have not found any. Perhaps it is not possible.
lagatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at the View Manager plugin:
You want a VL and then a sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 AM   #3
lagatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at the View Manager plugin:
You want a VL and then a sort
That's handy. I am able to create a View in View Manager which opens the Virtual Library and sorts.

My next question is how do I turn off View Manager? So that most of the time I am not using any View at all. I tried to deselect the new View, but it doesn't deselect. And perhaps I should take my question directly to the View Manager forum?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:23 AM   #4
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagatha View Post
most of the time I am not using any View at all. I tried to deselect the new View, but it doesn't deselect.
You are always using a «view». Before implementation of view manager you had only one and would not name it as «view».
I create my «normal» view and save it in View Manager as «default».
There is also a possibility to switch between the views by a shortcut.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:04 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagatha View Post
That's handy. I am able to create a View in View Manager which opens the Virtual Library and sorts.

My next question is how do I turn off View Manager? So that most of the time I am not using any View at all. I tried to deselect the new View, but it doesn't deselect. And perhaps I should take my question directly to the View Manager forum?
Using a VM View doesn't preclude the use of the Sort By option in the Book List context menu or sorting by clicking headers. Same goes for the columns shown, you can hide and show columns (right click in headers) and reorder by dragging them left and right.

When you want to get back to your 'preferred view' just select it from the VM drop down list.

And yes - ask any further VM related questions in it's thread please

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-13-2019 at 06:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
lagatha

Thank you for the info!

Tags
expressions, sort, virtual library