Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Help - Boox Nova Air Frozen Screen.

I just recently bought a Boox Nova Air within the last two weeks. Today while writing some notes the screen froze. I can't refresh or turn the unit off. There was no warning message prior to the freeze. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Know how to resolve? or is there a way to do a reset without going to the settings menu?

I found the solution. There is a tiny hole on the bottom of the unit. I straighten a paper clip inserted it while holding down the power button and it reset without any lost data. Hopefully this will be helpful for anybody else who experiences the same problem.

Last edited by fbrII; 02-09-2022 at 02:05 PM. Reason: solved problem
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:19 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Mmm, are you sure that isn't a hole for the microphone?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Years ago, that little hole might have been for a soft reset. The manual shows it as clearly the mike! If it worked for you, great. Maybe it's an Easter egg in the hardware? : )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.36.35 PM.png
Views:	223
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	192239  
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:52 AM   #4
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, checking the manual does say microphone. However I did try holding the power button down numerous times without inserting the paperclip and I do mean numerous and it did not reset. So it's a complete puzzle to me because it definitely fixed the frozen screen problem for me. So I guess if you have a similar problem try other solutions first and if all fails and you want to take the risk ...again all I can say is that it worked for me. I recalled doing something similar with older Kobo units when they were going throogh tieir period of problematic updates.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote