Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Slow page turning on Kindle App

Since I got my Note Pro I always used the Neo Reader because the page turning on the Kindle app was quite a bit slower.

I just updated to the new firmware and was hoping that the Kindle app would be improved.

No, page turning is still slow compared to Neo Reader.

I miss the time left in book and time left in chapter from the Kindle.
I wish Neo Reader had those features.

What about your experiences with Kindle app?

Are you using it?

Satisfied with the page turning speed?

Is there any other alternative reader that will display time left?
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #2
M_Faust
Connoisseur
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
Mod of CoolReader from plotn can display number of pages still had for end of chapter (If i understood correctly your wish).
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5, Likebook Mars, Onyx Nova
Quote:
Since I got my Note Pro I always used the Neo Reader because the page turning on the Kindle app was quite a bit slower.

I just updated to the new firmware and was hoping that the Kindle app would be improved.

No, page turning is still slow compared to Neo Reader.

I miss the time left in book and time left in chapter from the Kindle.
I wish Neo Reader had those features.

What about your experiences with Kindle app?

Are you using it?

Satisfied with the page turning speed?

Have you optimized the Kindle app for Onyx devices? If not - when in the Kindle app, click the Navigation Ball. Then choose settings (the middle icon), refresh, and set Animation Filter to 300. You should see a definite improvement.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheesebarth90 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Have you optimized the Kindle app for Onyx devices? If not - when in the Kindle app, click the Navigation Ball. Then choose settings (the middle icon), refresh, and set Animation Filter to 300. You should see a definite improvement.
Thanks. That did it!
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nvidia Shield K1 - Galaxy S8+ - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Thanks. That did it!
So how's your experience running the kindle app with the latest firmware?
Gibbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:50 PM   #6
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5, Likebook Mars, Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
So how's your experience running the kindle app with the latest firmware?
On my Nova, the Kindle app works well, as does the Nook app. There is only a very brief hesitation between a tap or swipe and the page turning. Contrast is quite good. I have not seen the Kindle app work as well on any E-Ink device I have used before.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote