Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #1051
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.: u'C:\\Users\\david\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\met adata_sources\\Overdrive Link*.json'
The Overdrive Link plugin appears twice in the plugin list. The "actual" listing is under the category "User interface action plugins". If you select that you should be able to configure it normally.

There is a second listing for Overdrive Link under "Metadata source plugins" as a side effect of the method I use to have clickable links in the book details panel. Trying to configure that will not do anything useful and will result in the error you found. I will see if I can prevent this error from occurring in a future plugin release.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #1052
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ok thanks - once I remembered how to get the overdrive icon back onto my main toolbar, I was able to go to it that way, customize.... edit the library URL and it seems to still work - it scanned my books , found some changes...
maybe calling it OVERDRIVE is a bit of a misnomer now, I was actually expecting it to not work not that my local library is not with overdrive any more
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #1053
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Just a question: would it be possible to check if a book is in my wish list with the answer from overdrive?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #1054
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Just a question: would it be possible to check if a book is in my wish list with the answer from overdrive?
That information is not returned in any of the queries currently used by this plugin.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #1055
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I was afraid of that but if I don't ask I'm not sure.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #1056
activedirectory
activedirectory began at the beginning.

Device: none
A bit of feedback for Open Library. I noticed that some books are not returned because of a missing format. For example I get the following:

Ignoring (no format): The Chanukkah Guest by Eric A. Kimmel [OL17730265W@ol, @ol/inlibrary, 0590451375, Scholastic, 1991-12-15T00:00:00+00:00, English]

It would be awesome if the plugin kept these matches so we can manually check if the book is actually relevant for us to borrow (in this case yes). Maybe something like a XX@openlibrary for these kind of matches - similar to when you return a find in Overdrive for books with 0 copies?

Thanks!
activedirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #1057
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by activedirectory View Post
A bit of feedback for Open Library. I noticed that some books are not returned because of a missing format. For example I get the following:

Ignoring (no format): The Chanukkah Guest by Eric A. Kimmel [OL17730265W@ol, @ol/inlibrary, 0590451375, Scholastic, 1991-12-15T00:00:00+00:00, English]
OpenLibrary has made some changes to their web pages that this plugin currently does not handle. I will look into fixing this so that it detects books like that one as borrowable.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #1058
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.38.0 - 31 Dec 2019

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes Prime Reading search.")

Handle website change at EBSCOhost. (Fixes "Server response error (missing "h2 class=page-title alt")")

Handle website change at Open Library. (Fixes missing search results.)

Compatibility fixes for calibre beta versions using Python 3.

Prevent attempts to customize the embedded metadata source plugin. (The embedded plugin is used to enable clickable links in the book details panel. It does not actually provide metadata.)

The minimum calibre version for this plugin is now 2.7.0.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #1059
activedirectory

Thanks Jhowell looks great!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:44 PM   #1060
activedirectory

Just a FYI that I had to delete the cache file so that it can be rebuilt in order for the plugin to properly populate the availability for the sources that have been fixed - otherwise it's just pulling the old incorrect data.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #1061
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by activedirectory View Post
Just a FYI that I had to delete the cache file so that it can be rebuilt in order for the plugin to properly populate the availability for the sources that have been fixed - otherwise it's just pulling the old incorrect data.
Thanks for pointing that out. I should have mentioned that the cache will retain bad data from the previous version of the plugin for a default of 90 days before it is replaced.

To get correct data immediately you can delete the cache file (Overdrive Link Cache.db) or set the "Days to cache library book info" to 0 in the plugin configuration.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #1062
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Suddenly I'm having trouble finding books in Kindle format - almost every thing I try to borrow is epub-only. I changed the PI to search only for Kindle/mobi and it still finds the books in several of my libraries, but none are actually there for Kindle. I tried unlinking and manually clearing the Avail column but it still repopulates with several "finds" that aren't really there. Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks,
CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #1063
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Suddenly I'm having trouble finding books in Kindle format - almost every thing I try to borrow is epub-only. I changed the PI to search only for Kindle/mobi and it still finds the books in several of my libraries, but none are actually there for Kindle. I tried unlinking and manually clearing the Avail column but it still repopulates with several "finds" that aren't really there. Anybody else having this problem?
The plugin saves a cache of information about books that can become outdated. You can clear the cache in the settings by changing "Days to cache library book info" to zero before searching.

Another possible problem is that if you have multiple OverDrive libraries configured and the same book is available at more than one then it is assumed that it is available in the same formats at those libraries. That will not always be the case.

If searches are still finding books that they shouldn't I can look into it further if you can give a specific book at a specific library to check.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #1064
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The plugin saves a cache of information about books that can become outdated. You can clear the cache in the settings by changing "Days to cache library book info" to zero before searching.

Another possible problem is that if you have multiple OverDrive libraries configured and the same book is available at more than one then it is assumed that it is available in the same formats at those libraries. That will not always be the case.

If searches are still finding books that they shouldn't I can look into it further if you can give a specific book at a specific library to check.
Thanks -I wasn't aware of that - I do have about 10 libraries so that may be one factor. I'll research some more and post an update tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #1065
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

I tried changing cache days to zero, clearing Avail and made the search date very old. The PI made no changes, leaving the previous ID's intact - I assume because although I only checked Kindle, finding the epubs caused it to leave the existing ID's? When I removed and re-created the empty ebook the PI correctly found no matches. So probably nothing "wrong" with the PI but maybe in a future version if not too difficult it would be nice to have an option to force a complete refresh of the search results?

The other part of my confusion is that a Kindle book that I borrowed in the past is no longer available for Kindle, just epub. But I've checked a dozen more and can't find another example where the Kindle format is missing, so maybe related to one particular author or publisher. With the handful of other epub-only books I ran into the Kindle format may not have existed before. It just seems strange that while my searches always included both Kindle and epub, until now no book I actually tried to borrow was ever epub-only...

Tags
id=model, overdrive